4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 3:54 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Seeking PlusGrade Experiences (on Brussels Airlines)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have any of you got experiences to share with regard to the Brussels Airlines Plusgrade system (or any other airlines' Plusgrade system)?  Here's my specific question: Any suggestions for how much I should bid for a Business Class upgrade on a 8-10 hour legs between Brussels and an African airport?

FYI - if you're not familiar with Plusgrade, here's what Brussels Airlines says:

LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED!

Plusgrade allows you to make an offer to fly in a higher cabin class and enjoy all its comfort and services!

From time to time, we have seats that become available at the last minute in our b.flex economy+ and b.business cabin, and rather than flying them empty, we're happy to put you in that seat!

I'm a big fan of markets and specific user fees, so I love the idea.  I just don't have any idea how high (or how low) to bid.... Any insights (or war stories - successful or unsuccessful) are welcome.....

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Seeking PlusGrade Experiences (on Brussels Airlines)
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

ss,

I have not tried this bidding process on any airline..in fact, this is the first I'm hearing of it.

I can share that I flew round trip Brussels Airlines from Brussels to Douala, 7 HRs each way. I was in business class and it was excellent. So, if the bidding is reasonable, I would recommend it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

painedplatinum so far, it looks like the bid prices are in the high-to-ridiculous-if-not-obscene range, but I'm going to keep an eye on it. 

I find it extraordinary that bidding basically starts at 600 Euros - yikes!!! 

It really makes me appreciate my free United global upgrade coupons.  And, while I wish I could use them on other airlines, I never seem to have any leftover at the end of the calendar year....

Cheers

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I am guessing that if you bid the minimum, you'd be in.  Just a question of how reasonable the minimum is.

I was recently invited to bid on a domestic first class seat, between $135 and $450 each way.  This was just a few days before the flight.  I ignored it.  When I went to check in at the 24 hour mark, I was offered the upgrade for the minimum bid.  I took it, and they even refunded me the difference for what I had originally paid for the economy plus product (this was on AA).  It ended up being a good deal.  So it's got me wondering if they would rather take some money from their sometimes customers rather than provide a last minute free upgrade to their more frequent flyers... they must estimate that they have nothing to lose.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

ssindc,

Thanks for the information!

Had never heard of this before, so it is another great but of info. from the MRI site!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...