4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 3:09 PM by ansaa RSS

Transfer points charge?

girlsclub Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a charge for my husband to transfer his reward points to my reward account?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Transfer points charge?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

girlsclub,

I have never had a charge for a transfer!

You just have to request a form from Marriott, fill it out, and FAX it back.  Actually very simple, (Or it has been)!

Good luck and welcome to MRI! 

Let us at MRI know about travel questions and please share travel experiences with all of us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

girlsclub,

To add to what jerrycoin shared; here is a link with more information about transferring rewards points:

Buy Points | Gift Points | Transfer Points | Donate Points

Below are the terms and conditions for transferring points from the Marriott website.  Note that it states that the transfer is available only at time of Reward Redemption.  My wife transferred points to me a few years ago before a trip and it was a easy process.  Good luck!

Transferring Points from One Account to Another

1. This Member benefit is available only at time of Reward Redemption (only one Reward request per Reward Redemption, please).
    2. Immediately prior to Reward Redemption, a Member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Points into the Rewards Program account of his/her legal spouse or domestic partner, in order to qualify for a specific Reward.
    3. Only the necessary number of Points needed to redeem the specified Reward, rounded to the nearest 1,000 Points, may be transferred — no more, no less.
    4. An Authorization to Transfer Points form must be completed and submitted to Rewards Program Guest Services in order to transfer the required number of Points. Forms are available by calling Rewards Program Guest Services at 1-801-468-4000 (Marriott Rewards Program) or 1-866-922-6882 (The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Program). A request for Reward Redemption from the transferee's legal spouse or domestic partner must be submitted to Rewards Program Guest Services with the Authorization to Transfer Points form.
    5. Once the authorization for transfer is received and processed, the transferee relinquishes all rights to the transferred Points, and they become the legal spouse's or domestic partner's Points.

girlsclub Gold

Thank you! I love Marriott Insiders!

ansaa Member

Hello girlsclub -

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders family. I see that jerrycoin and jakeal have already provided some great information to you.

Just to reconfirm, transferring points is an option that can only be done at the time of redeeming points for a reward and can only be done in increments of 1,000 points, up to the cost of the reward that is being ordered.  If you are ready to redeem a reward, the office can fax or mail you a point transfer affidavit that the member donating their points needs to sign authorizing the transfer.  Upon return of the signed affidavit, the points are transferred and the needed reward is ordered. You can also call the Marriott Rewards number at any time for further assistance, 800-450-4442.

Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...