12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2014 5:21 AM by jolejniczak RSS

London, West India Quay Refurbishment

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have just found out that West India Quay, London is to undergo a refurbishment of all rooms and suites.  I cannot find out anywhere when this is going to happen.  As I have a reservation, I would like to know what effect this might have.  Can anyone tell me the time frame for the refurbishments please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: London, West India Quay Refurbishment

merbNathalieFThe specified item was not found.

I have just found out that West India Quay, London is to undergo a refurbishment of all rooms and suites.  I cannot find out anywhere when this is going to happen.  As I have a reservation, I would like to know what effect this might have.  Can anyone tell me the time frame for the refurbishments please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I will look into this for you. What had you heard and when are you planning to be there?

It is on Trip Advisor in a review "The hotel is awaiting a refurbishment, which will help to freshen up the bedrooms as the decor is now 10 years old", and is also on Barton Minty website .News

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings tommo781 - I've learned that there are no bedroom renovations scheduled at this property so your reservation is in the clear

Well, that just goes to show how little we can believe what we read on the internet!  Thanks very much for finding out the truth for me.

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Hi Tommo781!

I really enjoyed my stay at that property and think you will also...............Bill

Hi Bill,  Yes, I've been there before twice.  I love it too!  That's why I was concerned there may be implications if refurbishments were going on whilst I was staying.  But it turns out that the supposed information on the internet is, as often happens, totally false.  I am looking forward to returning.

jolejniczak Platinum 1 Reviews

There may not be bedroom renovations, however this time last year a few of the floors were under construction.  Carpet torn up, etc.  Couldn't see much else as the hallways were boarded off.  I imagine that maybe there was either a leak or a fire that caused significant damage.  I will be heading back on Monday and can let you know if anything has changed.  Fantastic hotel!

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

Hi jolejniczar!

Each time I have been at that hotel I have enjoyed it!  Thanks for  any updates................Bill

That would be great Jolejniczac.  I would love to get an update from you, as I have a reservation for later in the year.  Thanks in advance!

jolejniczak Platinum 1 Reviews

No major bedroom renovations...just new carpet.  Still my favorite hotel in London.

IMG_2879.jpg

Thanks a lot for that Jole.  I am glad.  I love the hotel just as it is!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...