10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2016 12:29 PM by carat Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Achieving Marriott Rewards Elite Lifetime Status

dollard Alumni Steward Silver 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So once you stay 250 nights and get 1.2 million points your always a Silver OR is it that you stay that many nights you get 1.2 million points? Im sure its the first but a big bonus would be nice for staying so many times.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Achieving Marriott Rewards Elite Lifetime Status
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

HI Dollard,

Once you reach the minimum totals required for each Lifetime Elite level you will retain that level at a minimum each year until you reach the next milestone level.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Lifetime membership is about avoiding the need for requalifying annually. The idea is that as a road warriors career winds down en route to retirement so the annual requalification becomes more difficult to maintain, and all but impossible upon retirement since we then have to get to our 50/75 nights annually on our own dime.

It's a great incentive and cunningly calculated as the criteria is twofold...

1. Stay the required number of nights, 250 for silver, 500 for gold, 750 for plat; And

2. earn the required number of points, 1.2mill for silver, 1.6mill for gold, 2mill for plat.

the first element of the criteria requires commitment to staying at the hotels, the second part is linked to spending, that you've spent a lot of money with Marriott, since points are principally awarded on spending.

hence once you've spent 250 nights in Marriotts AND earned over 1.2mill points you'll be lifetime silver and need never stay the 10 nights pa necessary to retain that level in future. Likewise, stay 500 nights and earn over 1.6mill points and you'll be gold for the rest of your life. Finally, make 750 nights and 2mill points, and you'll be plat for life, whether or not  thereafter you make the 75 nights every year...

finally, note, you don't have to accumulate the points sat in your account. I'm now lifetime silver since during my membership I've earned 1,300,000 points, even though right now I've only 150,000 points in my balance.

klaus29 Silver

hi  all       greetings  to all

i have   1  luck ,only  about  my  timeschare  for  exchange,  and  no luck  i will be  never  lifetime  memeber.

with  my  6  weeks  timeschare weeks in france,  i get  my  6  weeks  in  marriott  vocation club  in thailand

or athet place  in europe.  but  i get only  the nights    BUT  not  1   points.

when  i  buy  my  weeks  en e  bay  for  france, switzerland,, turkey  and ather  countrys,  bevore i get  p[oints

and nights.  but i speak  to mutch.  this wars not goiod for  the  insider  1  week later  no more points  and no

more nights.  not all its  good  to explaine  here.

i cam back  to lifetime member, ,its  ok for me about the nights,  but not enought  for the points.  nights  i have

more  at  150  with  my exchange  interval, with e bay  its  sell in eurioe, and what i pay  casch  or credid  cart

but  nop problem  i pay in brussel  with e  bay  50  euro per nighrt .  all advantages  from platium  includet.

if i think  years bevore i get  nights and  points  for  all  nights  ,what i buy  with e bay in all  Europe.  this  is  finisch

i speak   it wars to mutch ,  for the insider page,  and  the  big  eys  here

no angry, please  answer   ...............thank you

klaus 29

\

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks brightlybob! And just for reference: Here are details about Lifetime Elite Status/Benefits

superdave741 Platinum

That Lifetime Status link gives you a simple program overview.  My questions are: 

1) How far back does the Marriott system go to calculate your Lifetime Elite status?

2) Where can you see your current status as this does not show up anywhere in my account summary/profile pages?

I have been staying in Marriott's for the past 15 years consistently maintaing gold or platinum status each year.  Based on the qualification requirements I should already be a lifetime member.  I did email customer service, but have yet to receive their response.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

your lifetime nights should be on the website, click the account overview tab.

lifetime points can only be obtained by emailing MR. if you've maintained Plat/gold every year for 15 years you should mathematically have made the nights for LT plat, though only buy asking will you know whether you've accumulated the points.

Marriott doesn't tell you when you've achieved LT status, it just simply maintains the status =indefinitely whether you hit the required nights or not. Like others have said, I'm surprised marriott doesn't make something of this since its one of those milestones that should give loyal customers a good feeling about their loyalty, bout the formalisation of the scheme is relatively new, so maybe they will in future….

visyak Platinum

When will the Lifetime points information be available?  I've made the 500+ level for stays, but the points required for Lifetime status will be difficult since I've never had an business expense account and expenditures have been on my own dime.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...