5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2014 12:43 PM by suzysharp RSS

LONDON PARIS BARCELONA!!!

vern60 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

planning a trip in the Fall to London Paris Barcelona - probably in that order.  Planning to spend 6-7 days in each city. 

would like to book with Marriott - puzzled about which to choose from all the great hotels.  Stayed at the Renaissance Marriott

Trocadero in Paris last time and would definitely go back there.

Have never been to London or Barcelona - what would be a good location to stay?  Also, what are some of the highlights and side trips we should plan on?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Spain
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
London, England
  • Re: LONDON PARIS BARCELONA!!!
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

vern60,

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders.  It sounds like you have a great trip ahead of you and planning should be fun.  I am sure other Insiders will reply with great recommendations, but to get you started let me share a recent thread created by jerrycoin about one of his favorite London properties: Re: London County Hall!

I would also encourage you to use the search box in the top right to find helpful information as you plan your trip.  Here are a few threads to get you started:

Barcelona hotels

Re: Staying at Mariott on Rewards Points - London

Re: Best Hotel in London & Paris

Going on my first trip to Span  Barcelona then Madrid.  Suggestions as to accommodations

Please continue participating in the community and be sure to share highlights of your trip once you return.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jekeal,

Great recommendations, that is some wonderful information!

ansaa Member

Hello vern60,

Welcome to the Insiders community. I see that you have already "met" two of our expert Insiders already. jakeal provided with you with some great suggestions. Your trip sounds amazing, those are three of my favorite cities in Europe. Though, I am biased having lived in Barca for 6 months. Enjoy!

sg1974 Gold

erc wrote a great report on his London trip.

London - An Insiders' Primer for First Timers

this should give you some helpful tips for a first time visitor.

some more useful London information here:

10HR 15M Layover LHR Suggestions, Please.

Barcelona is a great city, we are heading back there again later in the year.

this can give you a few ideas:

http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/Day-itineraries/_xMCfM9AMDl9wvp4-e0PQ9tvo-3PX37XoBWzwEd6WvGQ

we loved the gaudi architecture of the city:

Gaudí Route

we took the hop on hop off bus as the city is quite spread out.

Barcelona Tours | Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus

Miro museum was good, tour of Barcelona stadium and museum was also very good.

There is plenty to see, this is just a few ideas you will not be bored.

if you had some time a good side trip would be to Montserrat:

What can t be lost - Montserrat Visita

suzysharp Platinum

Vern-

It looks like you have some great destinations picked out! London is one of my favorite cities and has 2 of my favorite Marriott's. Depending on what you are looking for St. Pancras Renaissance would be my top recommendation. It sits atop the train station for the Eurostar, so it makes getting over to Paris super easy. Its also right by one of the main train, tube and bus stations so getting to anywhere in London is a piece of cake. Its an amazing property with its history and structure and definitely worth a look around. When I took my mom to London last year and we pulled up at the hotel all she could say was "Wow".

If you want to be more in the middle of the tourist area then I would recommend the JW Marriott Grovsner House. Its right across the street from Hyde Park and the on/off bus stops. We stayed there on our honeymoon and loved it. Also check packages and offers, breakfast is super pricey in London so if you can get a rate that includes breakfast you'll be way ahead, on our honeymoon breakfast was ~40-50 pounds a day for 2 and we weren't even getting a full English. Full English is ~30 pounds a piece but definitely worth experiencing at least once.

For Paris I haven't stayed at that Marriott but we loved the Renaissance Arc De Triumph. Its in a trendy fun neighborhood, close to the subway and nice rooms. Though it sounds like you have that mapped out.

For Barcelona, I can't recommend a hotel b/c we did not stay at a Marriott and it was a big let down but not our choice. I would definitely second the recommendation to visit Montserrat though. Very worth the trip but watch when you go as the church closes for mass for ~2 hours in the middle of the day.

Overall it sounds like you have quite the trip planned! I look forward to seeing how it develops.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...