10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 11:09 AM by madmax RSS

Turnaround time for missing stay requests?

gobluetwo Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What is the typical turnaround time for missing stay requests with scanned copies of the folio? 

I had 3 stays in NYC earlier this year (Marriott Downtown, Ren 57, and Ren Times Square), none of which have posted to my account.  Stays were in Jan/Feb, so should have had plenty of time to post by now.  I submitted 3 missing stay requests, each with electronic copies of my folios, last week and have seen no updates to my account.  Will they ever write back indicating that my account activity was updated, or do I need to just continue checking the site?  It may be that the best bet is to just call CS, but wanted to check to see if I'm just being impatient.  I didn't see any indication on the request form page of the typical turnaround (e.g., will take up to x days to process the request).  I did see that some were reporting same day turnarounds, but that's clearly not true in my case.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Turnaround time for missing stay requests?
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

gobluetwo, I have only had to turn in one missing stay request in all my years of travelling. It took about one week to get the points posted. I don't think there is any set time for this as it involves more than one party: Customer Service after receiving the missing stay request will contacting the hotel, having them look up the information and then the hotel staff taking the time to turn in paperwork so that Customer Service can add the points to your portfolio account. Any time you involve middle men it gets more difficult to pinpoint a time frame. I would think if you have not heard or seen anything added to your account within the next day or so, contact CS and see if they can check on it for you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi gobluetwo - I have also had only one missing stay and it took less than two days for it to get resolved. For some reason I had misplaced my receipt and it hadn't gotten e-mailed to me. I called the property and spoke to a woman at the front desk who not only confirmed the stay, but volunteered to make the appropriate call to resolve it. When I called the MR number to notify them that the call would be coming in, they told me that they had already given me the credit for the stay and had added my points as well. Based on my experience, I'm not sure what is going on with your situation, but it does sound atypical.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

gobluetwo,

I believe on the missing stay request link on the website, they ask that you wait 10 business days before filling out the request.  I don't like filling out requests (online forms) either, so what I've done is after the 10th business day, I simply call Marriott Rewards Customer Support 1.800.321.7396, tell them that I'm missing a stay, give them the pertinent information (property, dates, MR#, conf. # and they have done the research while I'm on the phone with them, and then they make the adjustment right on the spot.  Perhaps give that route a try.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

pluto

I do exactly the same thing and it works every time.

vickisocal Platinum

Agreed, I'm generally able to get it resolved without even sending in a folio, just with a confirmation number.

gobluetwo Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks for the input.  These stays were in Jan and Feb this year, so definitely well beyond the 10 day mark.  I'll try calling them tomorrow when I have a bit more time. 

ansaa Member

Hello gobluetwo -

My apologies for being a little late to this conversation. I can see that other Insiders have given you some great advice already!

Here is some information as well:

Marriott Rewards points are posted to accounts approximately two weeks after the stay. For guests who have chosen to earn miles with their favorite airline, miles are added to the frequent flyer account approximately four to six weeks after the stay has been completed. If the guests are not hearing back or seeing the points posted within ten days after they submit their missing stay requests, the guests should call Marriott Rewards directly. Anything over ten days would be considering a missing/overdue request. There are a number of reasons why the representatives might not have received the missing stay forms, but we would always encourage the guests to call the team to make sure someone is working on it.

Marriott Rewards can be reached at the following:

800-450-4442 or 801-468-4000

Hope this helped provide more clarity!

gobluetwo Gold 1 Reviews

Thank you for the very helpful reply. I just received emails notifying me that the missing stays have been added to my account, and I verified online. I suppose it was just the time required to research the issue. Looks like the "process" works! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...