2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2014 7:41 PM by morbius RSS

Protea Properties

dcnewbie Silver
Currently Being Moderated

New to this, so wondering whether anyone can shed some light on how soon after acquisitions new properties come online/become bookable. Starting to plan a trip to South Africa in 2015 and want to know if I'll be able to use rewards for any of the bookings/what categories the Protea properties will be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
South Africa
Africa
  • Re: Protea Properties
    jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

dcnewbie,

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders (MRI).  I myself am interested in the answer to your question.  I started a thread back in January (Marriott to Expand in Africa) about Marriott's announcement of purchasing the Protea brand.  In that thread californian shared that there was talk of the hotels needing some updating.  I assume they can either update them before bringing them into the Marriott family or they can bring them on and update in waves.

According to the below news release on the Marriott website the deal officially closes April 1 so hopefully that is positive for a 2015 trip.

Marriott Signs Definitive Agreements to Acquire Protea Hospitality Holdings - Marriott News Center

We have some great Marriott associates on MRI who can likely provide more specifics about when the Protea properties will come online.  ansaa, The specified item was not found., merb - can you shed any light on dcnewbie's question?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Protea Properties
    morbius Platinum

Also will be in South Africa - Cape Town in mid April, 2014... anyone knows if they will be incorporated into MR by then?  Would like to get credit for stays but nonetheless will stay at Protea properties IAC.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...