11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 9:26 AM by ks77 RSS

room type switched

girlsclub Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have a confirmed reservation for 2 rooms using my gold elite member points dated 02/09/14. The reservation checkin is for 07/12/14. The email confirmation from Pier south Autograph Collection states 2 rooms beachfront balcony. On 03/10/14, I was reviewing the reservation and I realized to my dismay and not of my doing that the room type was changed to only balcony. I called the resort that morning a 8:56 am EST and "Hami" assured me that the rooms in the reservation system stated beachfront balcony. I emailed the GM, Tim E. two times to get this assurance confirmed in writing and have not received a reply.  The original confirmation # is 87946564. This confirmation was also split to 2 reservations; with the other # as 87946565. Could you please reconcile this discrepancy as I am very much looking forward to my stay. Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: room type switched
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Did you make your reservation through the Marriott site?  I have heard of reservations being changed when made through a site like hotels.com or of the like.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

girlsclub Gold

I made them through marriott.com I am a gold elite member.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

This happened to me when I reserved at the Aruba property. Since that time I learned to print out the confirmation and always have it on hand for ammunition during check-in.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

The specified item was not found.,

I am really intrigued as to how this member was able to book rooms 17 months out when it was my understanding that 330 days out is the standard timeframe. Could you let me know? Thanks.

girlsclub Gold

I booked on 02/09/14 for check in on 07/12/14. I believe that is about 5 months in advance. I have emailed hotel confirmation upon request.

girlsclub Gold

sorry about the mix up. I see I put the wrong date in original statement. I just edited it to reflect correct date of booking to 02/09/14.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

No worries...glad to see Marriott is working on the issue for you!

girlsclub Gold

Hopefully the GM at Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection will resolve the discrepancy today!

girlsclub Gold

This is day 9 since I noticed that Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection switched my room types and that I requested a written confirmation that the GM would honor the original confirmation the hotel sent me, and still no resolve! The GM frequently responds to trip adviser reviews but I would hope I would not have to go there to get a response. Help!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

girlsclub,

Were you able to get in touch with The specified item was not found. per his message above on March 17?  I would encourage you to private message him if you have not already done so.

Good luck.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

merb is also a great resource...she might be able to help.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...