3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 10:58 PM by jakeal RSS

Struggling to use my Cat. 1-4 certificate

traveler999 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I earned a Free Night Certificate good for a category 1-4 hotel last month.  Unfortunately, the hotel we wanted to use it at would not accept it for the weekend we wanted to use it for.  We then tried to use it at several other locations, but they are all higher than category 4 hotels (some of these really surprised me that they were higher than a 4).  Is there a list available anywhere that lists the Marriott locations by state and by category level?

I thought this certificate would be easy to use, but it seems it's anything but...

Thanks for any help you can offer!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Struggling to use my Cat. 1-4 certificate
    erc Platinum

On Marriott.com when you use the Find a Hotel, click on the link to the right of the Blue Box Find; Advanced Search

Once you go to the Advanced Search screen, bottom left corner under Explore & Plan is Hotel Directory.

Open Hotel Directory, select your area, say for example, See all hotels in the United States, click on that, far right column in the middle of the page, Hotel Reward Category. Piece of cake, hunh?

or click on one of these links - good luck, welcome to Insiders, keep us posted on how you did.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

parcaae Silver 1 Reviews

I had the same problem, and doing it online was even harder.  I ended up calling the reservation desk and they were able to help me with no hitches.  I hope this help.  Good Luck.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

traveler999,

Sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty.  Can you give us an idea of what area of the country you are looking to use the cert in?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links