23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 11:47 AM by anadyr RSS

East Coast Linkages?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In the spirit of jerrycoin, raconteur and world traveler with a knack for seeing other Insiders everywhere, I am announcing my intention to be in New Work (Marriott Marquis) and Boston (Marriott Copley Place ), during the month of April: 

I'll be in NYC starting the 8th and Boston starting the 16th, both stay eight days long.

Any MRI's in the 'hood are welcome to find me. (or not)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Boston Marriott Copley Place
New York City, New York, USA
Creve Coeur, Missouri, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur
  • Re: East Coast Linkages?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Be careful anadyr. That could go either way. Some folks might want to find you. Others might try to avoid you.

I think it's great that many of the folks on this site have met (or want to meet) each other. jerrycoin is definitely the master, but I've seen a few pictures of other MRI get togethers (remember erc's trip to Hawaii where he met kharada46).

The trick is knowing where to find the others who wish to be found. We can always look for jerrycoin in London or Paris (or CVS).

Thanks for the info, but it turns out April is my month to stay home.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I will be careful and thanks for the reminder!!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

bejacob,

When are you coming to Hawaii?  I'm sure there are more counties that you need to visit here!   

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'm not sure yet. I'd like to say next year, but that is far from certain. 5 counties (but only 4 county seats (Wailuku doubles up for Kalawao and Maui county). I have been to Hilo, Honolulu, and Lihue (the other county seats) but that was before I began my quest, so I have to come back (darn)

When it makes it on my calendar, I'll let you know. madmax is waiting for me to get to Oklahoma and that seems more likely in 2015 than Hawaii right now. I will eventually get to both places.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

That is really a "Noble gesture" of you to have a "Get together" in NYC or Boston!  I hope it all goes well, and wish I could make it but can't!  Will get together in the future, and hope it is at nuhusker's event.

Would like to share a photo from last Friday, with two wonderful MRI.  They are "World Travelers" and former top exec's with Medicine Shoppe, we all had a great time!IMG_3820.JPG

Mende, Hof(Geezer) and I had a lot of laughs and wonderful time in St. Louis!  MRI are in a "Class" by themselves!

Location Brand Hotel
    Creve Coeur, Missouri, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur

DSCN0057.JPGJerry, in your honor I opened this excellent Bordeaux and managed to drain my Riedel stemless "Biker" glass, and sadly the prescription cannot be refilled.

But a toast to you and all Insiders seems appropriate.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Thanks for sharing and I appreciate the honor!

This Bordeaux has been "Reviled and Loved" I have never enjoyed this fine wine.

It sounds like a most interesting wine.

Enjoy and please keep in touch!

Under six bucks at TJ's.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

jerrycoin,

I'm right there with ya at nuhusker's event, what a great Surprise Party.  If anyone gets wind of his idea winning please keep the thread active so it doesn't get lost in the masses, I might even fly up on a paid ticket!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

IAHFLYR anadyr shoeman1000 erc jerrycoin tef6178 and all others...I looked on facebook MR page and it looked like to me that some of the parties have already been selected and held.  The veterans party possibly didn't make the cut.  If by chance it does, however, someone else may have to lead that charge due to unforeseen personal

circumstances on my end.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

I just checked out that FB page.  I'm disappointed that we MRIs didn't get an announcement of some sort saying who had won/qualified.  There was a party (kickoff according to FB) in DC having to do with this contest and I never saw any mention of it from the Marriott people.

erc Platinum

As General McAuliffe said, "Nuts".  Such a terrific idea and a marvelous opportunity for Marriott to have a huge win (support of veterans) / win (Insiders loyalty) win / (Insiders gathering).    nuhusker   Best wishes from us all.

NathalieF can you post results here, since our energy and support was invested? Thanks

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/102928#102928 Marriott Surprise Party Nomination

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Well we don't want to ruin the surprise party, but nominates for the first period were due before February 28 and potential winners are being contacted. But the next nomination period opens May 1, 2014.

Yes, best wishes Husker...we will all be leading the charge for sure.

Wasn't nuhusker in well before Feb. 28th?

It's always better to read of winners and such on here rather than some other site. 

Yes he was

Facebook page?  Who knew?  What a shame.

How excellent!  I'm glad you posted these plans.  I will be in Southern NJ in the middle of your trips but I may catch you after the Boston Marathon is over before you depart for home.  I'll let you know as the time gets closer.  Thank you for sharing your itinerary with us!

Thanks, PM me if you want

Will do as we get closer!

OK

I won't be in NYC until July and December.   July will be a short day stay and December will be an awesome event staying for four days.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I thought you were boycotting New York?  Maybe I read it wrong or maybe you were just joking around. I heard that New York Marriott is nice. I'll be in New York twice this year (probably at the new SpringHill Suites and the JW Marriott).

I am boycotting Albany not Manahattan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...