14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 1:02 PM by FredSHomeNet RSS

Taste of Elite?

rproesch Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has the Taste of Platinum program been reinstated?  If yes how does one sign up for it?  I am currently Gold Status but would like to sign up for Taste of Platinum Challenge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Taste of Elite?
    psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Interesting.  This is my fourth year as Platinum and my 27th in the program and don't believe I ever heard of the Taste of Platinum.  What is/was it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The "taste of" promos are offered for both gold and plat to callers/emailers who are silver/gold and believe their travel stays will improve such that they'd qualify for the higher level over a year period.

Effectively, once granted the members status is immediately raised to the new level for 3 months (hence giving the member a "taste of" the new level) and extended for the full year if the 3 month stay target given is reached, the target being 6 stays during the 3 months for gold and 9 for plat. Thereafter to maintain the level for later years this newly minted elite must do the required nights

Im on the "taste of plat" right now and will achieve my 9th stay next week in brussels which will then give me the status for the rest of 2014 and 2015. however if I'm to keep plat for 2016 I'll need to stay the 75 nights in 2015...

brightlybob - Enjoy Belgium and Brussels.  I posted a Photo Album of my week in Ghent, Brugge and Brussels last April, if you are interested.  Both Ghent and Brussels have great Marriotts.  Brussels has a nice concierge lounge, just inside the front door on the right.  We ended up just having dinner there for two nights because the spread was so nice.  Then we focused on having great lunches out.

If it's dead then i must be a necrophiliac-plat, as I'm on the taste of plat right now.

At the beginning of the year I had a few issues on points posting, as I seem to regularly do and called the elite line. Right at the end of the convo it struck me I'd had quite a lot of stays in late 2013 and I'd already got 5 booked up for jan 2014, and having read about the taste promos on flyertalk, asked if anything could be done as my stays had picked up. After a short delay I was offered the plat taste till end April on extended for all 2014 if I made 9 stays during the taste, which I'll complete in brussels next week!

gotta admit, its good to be plat again, all hotels show as available, and the extra points really beef up my totals!

FredSHomeNet Platinum 10 Reviews

brightlybob

Interesting. Was not aware that not all of the hotels showed in the search.

Here is a link to my Belgium photo album.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1612

ansaa Member

Hello rproesch,

We spoke to the customer service team and they informed us that taste of elite challenges are only offered to specific members. To determine if you qualify you must contact Marriott Rewards directly. Marriott Rewards toll free number is 1-800-450-4442.

Hope this helps!

Interesting reply, thanks.

rproesch Platinum 1 Reviews

Actually contacted @Marriott via Twitter and was inrolled into Taste of Platinum in about 3 minutes.  Thanks everyone, 9 stays before June 30 and I'll be Platinum.

erc Platinum

Good going rproesch.  When I first read ansaa's response it made me think of MegaBonus offerings. I believe this is going to be the way of the future with Marriott, if you want a benefit; prove it, by asking. That's why forums like Insiders (and mobile apps) are going to be more and more important for the traveler, or else you're going to be left out in the proverbial cold.

rproesch

Just did the same. We'll see what happens.

rproesch

I had to call to get signed up but I am on the road to Platinum .  9 stays by June 30 which will be a snap since I have a heavier business travel schedule this year.

erc Platinum

And a trend is born ("if you want it here it is, come and get it"). Good job Fred.

Keep on keepin' on Insiders, we're learning we have to dig up these acorns ourselves. "We must all hang together or assuredly we shall all hang separately".

erc

LOL! So true.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...