9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 8:20 AM by aquaman265 RSS

Keeping Taste of Gold clarification?

dsilinski Gold
Currently Being Moderated

So this morning I got the email that I've qualified for Taste of Gold, and I'm quite excited and I look forward to using my new perks!  My main question is about how to keep Gold - in the email it says I need to stay six "times" at a Marriott next quarter.  What defines a "time?"  Is it a night?  For example, for work I usually stay at a Marriott 4 times a quarter, staying 2 nights each time I visit, so around 8 nights total.  Will that qualify me enough to keep my Gold status, or do I need to book two more "times" next quarter to keep it?  Thanks everyone!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Keeping Taste of Gold clarification?
    jack613 Silver

i believe it means checking in and out six times.can anyone else clarify?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You will need to make 6 stays. A stay consists of one check-in and check-out regardless of the number of nights. The minimum you would need would be six separate 1 night stays. Based on your example, your four 2-night stays would only count as four stays, so you would need to book 2 additional stays to keep the gold status beyond the 3 month "taste."

dsilinski Gold

Got it, thanks all!

prlzldjn Gold

Does a one night stay count?  The T&C for the promotion defines a stay as...

"*A ‘stay’ is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

So it looks like a single night will not count as a stay towards this promotion.  I know a single night does not count as a stay for the MegaBonus promotion.

A one night stay is considered a 'stay' for all promotions. Two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel still only counts as one stay. I frequently stay only 1 night when I travel and each one counts toward both the Taste of Gold and the MegaBonus promotions.

The requirement for 6 stays could consist of as few as 6 nights (if all 6 stays were only 1 night long). Since most people spend more than one night at a particular property, it is likely that achieving 6 stays will mean more nights.

prlzldjn Gold

Interesting... I know it used to be that way, but when I emailed Marriott and asked why my one night stay did not count I was referred to the quote I listed above.

I'd give MR customer service a call. I've never had an issue with a 1 night stay counting toward the promotions. One thing you cannot do is to check out of a hotel and check back in to the same hotel the next night and expect that to count as two stays (it would just be 1).

The last time I was on the phone with MR, I asked a question about stays vs nights (unrelated to this particular promotion) and confirmed that a stay consists of one night or consecutive nights at one location. Try calling to get the issue resolved. I suspect you will get the proper credit.

highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

bejacob   Good to know about checking in and out of same hotel, as it will only count as one stay.   I had a business trip and they were going to paid two separate clients, so I initially made two separate reservations, so that I could close the account for the first client, and then  have a clean expense summary for the second client.  I wasn't sure that the stays would count separately, so I checked out completely and went to a different hotel and everything worked out.

aquaman265 Gold 2 Reviews

I received the same promotion a few weeks ago. I had 5 trips planned in the time frame, one was with a 4 night stay

at a Residence Inn. Called MR and informed me that it has to be 6 check ins for any amount of nights. Even a one night stay qualifies. Funny, the agent told me just stay anywhere for one night at any property before June 30th and you will be Gold for 2 years. That's combining that one night stay with my other 5 stays. Sounds good to me!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...