12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2014 2:31 PM by NathalieF RSS

Does anyone else prefer to have the activity show recent posts without the reviews?

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We have a button to lick if we want to see reviews.  We wanted to have the reviews removed form the activity.  They gave us a way to exclude the reviews.  I would prefer to see al but the reviews and click on reviews if I want to see them.  I seem to have to click on exclude reviews more times that I would like. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does anyone else prefer to have the activity show recent posts without the reviews?
    erc Platinum

It would certainly make it easier to scroll through, but apparently Hotel Reviews are staying as is, since both this suggestion and review interaction have been discussed several times, passed along to the team and status quo remains the status quo. See you and pluto on Friday. California here I come  (can use some of that 70 degree weather ).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does anyone else prefer to have the activity show recent posts without the reviews?
      Platinum 28 Reviews

erc

The next day or two in the Los Angeles area I won't be able to promise you the 70 degrees you requested.  Don't think it will get that low!!!!

Expected to be 95 in parts of this grand, polluted, traffic jammed, crazy city!  (Still a great place to live).

erc Platinum

Well then I'll just have to spend the day on the balcony at the Newport Beach Villas taking in the lovely view and ocean breeze, preparing for my Bar/Lounge full meal happy hour at the Newport Center Drive Flemings or my dinner at Bandera.

Coincidentally, I was at Newport last year when the category changes came out (36% increases / 1% decreases), it helps ease the pain. Come on down .

erc Platinum

Well, best laid plans, flight cancelled, heading to beautiful Newport Beach tomorrow. Good news, I'm in one of my favorite Marriott properties, the reliable Category 4 Pentagon City Residence Inn - see those Cat. 4's sometimes do have great value - the bad news, it will probably be a Cat. 4 no longer after this week (no doubt due to my redemptions alone!).

20140317_080201_resized.jpg

Pentagon and 395. The view is actually nicer than shows on camera (US Capitol, Jefferson Memorial and most all of the mall area on down to Georgetown). As I've written before, odd numbered rooms 01-11 offer this view, the higher the better, this is 1601). See you soon Cal and Pluto, with a much different view from Balboa Island.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Wow, I guess I've been living in a warm, sunny cocoon for the past couple of months, because I was shocked to see the snow and be reminded that it is still cold elsewhere.  We have enjoyed a sublimely warm winter.  You are in for some lovely weather Erc's!

Look forward to meeting up with everyone at the Sailing Club and enjoying a relaxing time on the water, the air filled with the sounds of wildlife, laughter and good conversation.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I don't even pay attention to the reviews now that they have been separated from the rest of the posts on the opening page. When I'm looking for older content, I always filter the results anyway, so having the reviews show up is an inconvenience I can live with.

Typically, I'll search reviews only when I'm getting ready to make a reservation. Occasionally, I have used the reviews to choose where to stay, but I always do so by searching a specific city. Beyond that, I choose to ignore them.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

californian,

I agree it would be nice to have the reviews in a separate section of the website away from the discussions.  eclektech and I enjoyed catching up with you last week and having dinner in Long Beach.  Unfortunately once we got to Vegas the cold I have been fighting since last week got a bit worse.   But we still have been able to take in everything we wanted to during this trip.  I hope you guys have a great time on Friday!  Looks like there will be some snow waiting for us back home. 

ansaa Member

californian, as some other Insiders have pointed out the hotel reviews have been a hot topic of discussion. We have definitely been passing along the requests and will continue to do so. Thank you for your suggestion!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Definitely a common request and part of our planning - stay tuned and thanks for your patience in the meantime!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...