7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2014 12:54 AM by zukracer RSS

Spirit to Serve - Rewarding Associates

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm curious if there is a way for Marriott to give elite MR members the ability to recognize outstanding customer service on the spot.  As a Exec Plat. with AA, they send out these slips that I can hand to anyone in the AA organization if I feel like they've provided me with outstanding customer service.  I've been told some airport management groups reward their employees with various perks ranging from leaving early, longer lunch breaks or even comp days if they get enough of these slips.

Here's what they look like

aa.jpg

This isn't new, AA has been doing it for a long time and I understand other airlines do similar things.  What got me thinking more about this is that now Tripadvisor is doing a similar thing with actual pins instead of slips of paper.  I got an invitation to participate in their program and they sent me 2 of these pins.  I think it would be great for Marriott to have a similar plan of some type that we can use for rewarding the folks that go above and beyond in our interactions with the company.

Here's what the Tripadvisor pin looks like, its in a nice little package you are supposed to hand to the associate.

20140314_175238.jpg

Then they make sure to tell the person to take a picture and post it on Facebook and tag Tripadvisor in the image.

20140314_175307.jpg

The they have this nice message and very nice pin inside the card.

20140314_175325.jpg

What does everyone think?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spirit to Serve - Rewarding Associates
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I love the idea.  It would make the associate beam and get instant feedback from the client as well as give co-workers who might not be quite as outstanding to figure out a way to achieve a higher level of customer service.

Even though this is absolutely no reason to recognition, you will certainly be remembered on your next visit!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

superb idea.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Makes sense to me!

Would enjoy "Thanking" these fine people in person!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

Great idea!  I would think it certainly would be a point of pride among employees.

Would you pass this along The specified item was not found., merb, ansaa, and NathalieF?

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

I really love this!  I meet so many wonderful Marriott employees who go above and beyond but as y'all will understand, by the time I catch my breath between trips, posting or writing about them slips down the list of to-dos.  Might just make my own "slips" ala AA, just so they know they made a difference.  Baby steps….

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Well I know one of the two I got is going to the Operations Manager at the hotel I'm staying at now and have been since last year each week.  He's gone above and beyond so many times for me and for so many others that I've personally witnessed its amazing.  I actually saw him cleaning rooms one day because one of the house keeping folks called in sick and he didn't want this guests to be impacted.  Talk about someone that will lead from the front and jump in to make sure things run smoothly.

There was another time I stopped into the bar for happy hour and found the entire place was out of beer.  There's just something about sitting down to a plate of wings and no beer.  I jokingly answered his "so how are the wings" with "would be better with a beer", fully understanding they were out and explained I was just giving him a hard time.  Not more than 10mins later and I see the shuttle driver delivering a 12 pack of the beer I like to drink to the bar and then a cold one to me, compliments of the house.  Honestly I would have been just fine with the water I had and never given a second thought to them being out of something, anything but for him to go that extra mile over something pretty trivial was quite impressive.   

Maybe if we can come up with some kind of badge they could wear on their name tags.  There's not a lot of "swag" that most employees wear outside of standard promotional stuff but maybe something small on the name badge would be good.  Just thought maybe if we have this type of thing for MRI folks, not just elite members but folks that are members here we could get a little MRI badge clip.  It would allow us to post about them here and share why they are so great.  Since MRI is an official branded thing, it actually could serve to promote the community too.  I'm no graphic artist but something like this would certainly make me look up their story if I saw it.

mristar.jpg

I'd love to see it also done for all elites but if we have to peel back the corporate process one layer at a time, lets start with the MRI recognition

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...