8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2014 6:09 PM by mobilepete RSS

2014 Platinum Premier Gift/Gadget

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just received my 2014 Platinum Premier Gift/Gadget (a USB power stick), and (personally) I think (1) it's a useful travel gizmo, and (2) it's a nice gesture!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2014 Platinum Premier Gift/Gadget
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ssindc

I second the motion!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

btgamble Platinum 1 Reviews

I have the device but one issue. The enclosed instructions talk about different adapters to use with different devices. It states the adapters are with the gift/gadget but are not. I contacted the Plat Premier Elite desk a few weeks ago and he said the Rewards desk was aware of the error and had nor made a decision yet on what to do about the error. Does anyone know anything about it?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Hmmm.  Just a lowly Platinum Elite.  We don't get trinkets. 

Though, being in the technology business, I get usb thumb drives all the time and usually give them away to others or give them to clients with relevant documents/presentations on it.

btgamble Platinum 1 Reviews

I do that as well psudad. But this is a device that will hold a charge and you plug it into the device running low on a charge (iPhone, tablet, etc) and it will give you a small charge until you can get to a plug.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

gotcha.  Have received a few of those at events.   They do come in handy, as my smartphone doesn't have the best battery life.  Fortunately, it is very close to the 2 year mark, so it will be replaced in a few months.

mobilepete Platinum

I was pleased to find some gracious comments on the Platinum Premier gift. I agree its a nice gesture and I don't even receive it since Platinum Premier Elites in the UK aren't included. In the round I think Platinum Premier Elite is a great benefit and I've definitely seen an improvement in room upgrades since I was given membership. 1 or 2 hotels in Asia have even given me a small gift at check-in. Earlier this year the Sydney Harbour Marriott gave me a upgrade to a lovely room with a view of the opera house but I had an apology at check-in that they couldn't give me a suite because they had sold them all!