20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2014 10:15 PM by maddashin RSS

Earning points through Shop My Way

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm new to Marriott and saw how you can earn points by shopping online through the Shop My Way site. My credit card just cycled and there is no evidence of the points I earned through the retailers.  Can someone tell me when I will earn these points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning points through Shop My Way
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Hello aje5837,

Welcome!  I use Shop My Way very often.  You must link to the retailer's website through Shop My Way's website.  If you link directly or stray away from the linked page, then you won't receive points. 

If you have conducted your purchase correctly, it can take up to 2 months for the points to post to your account and has nothing to do with your credit card.  In fact, I often will choose to use Marriott or American Airline's online shopping portal depending which gives the best point/mile accrual.  Then I'll use the opposite credit card to make the purchase.  So if I shop through Shop My Way Mall, I'll likely charge the purchase to my AAdvantage credit card and visa versa. 

Hope this helps! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Thanks!  I did link to the retailers website through Shop My Way's website.   I'm glad to know it can take up to 2 months. I guess I need to be patient! 

couper16 Gold 3 Reviews

You can also assess the status of your transactions by signing into the Shop My Way mall and then clicking on My Account.  From there go the My Rewards and you can see transactions that are pending and awarded. It will also tell you how many points will be awarded. As kharada46 stated it does take up to two months.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Thank you!  I didn't even think about looking at my account on Shop My Way.  I will go there and check out my status! 

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

how did i not know of this i just found out about it and i use so many of the online retailers. Luckily i found this out before making a purchase at macy's for two pairs of pants i needed. ^_^

does anyone know if statement credits from credit cards still apply through the shopmyway links? Ex. 15% cash back when you use your BoA cc at FTD.com...  1X statement credit of $10 when you make a $50+ purchase at (retailer) with your enrolled Amex card...

jm1991, your statement credits should clear.  When you shop via Shopmywaymall, you're linking to the actual site and doing so embeds and offer or something unseen to us and you complete your transaction via the actual site.  The purchase shows up on your CC statements like normal, so there should be no issue there.

I did notice, however, that with sites like drugstore.com, you can earn with shopmywaymall and enjoy their e-mail discounts.  It's one or the other.  I usually end up choosing the points...

sexxylypps Silver

I shop ShopMyWay......points can take up to 60 days after shipment of purchase

sexxylypps Silver

I just shopped ShopMyWay and ordered a case of wine from WSJWine...I will receive 3,000 points in about 60 days...so I am happy with wine and points

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

awesome. I was also thinking of using shopmyway to buy an ecard from giftcardmall for macys and then using it on the shopmyway linked macys. Dont know if there are any restrictions about doing that other than jumping through hoops and loops for those extra points. I would be getting the 1pnt/$ on the marriott card for buying the gift card, the 1pnt/$ from giftcardmall, and the 5pnt/$ from macys after using the gift card.

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

jm1991, I bought gift cards from giftcardmall for three different retailers a couple of days ago. Two were for gifts, but I was going to use the other one when it arrives on the shopmyway link.  I can't see any reason @ this point that it wouldn't earn the $ for $ on my Marriott card and then the 5points/$.  I will let you know if that isn't the case.

Maybe not a ton of points involved, but they are purchases I make @ other sites frequently anyway, so I thought it would be an easy way to gain points.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks if it works ill stock up on some best buy gift cards and amazon. Planning on buying a wiiU and tv from best buy so earning 3x points will be great. And amazon for later use during the holiday season instead of charging it directly to my card.

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

Good

idea!  I never thought of that one!

i Buy gift cards for gifts

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

Excellent way to earn points. I used wine.com too.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

kharada46  Is that a good place to buy wine? Can you recommend a good inexpensive red wine? there is an offer for my amex spend 125 and receive a $50 credit. unfortunately i would have to use their link to get the credit :/ sucks, but 50 bucks is better than points

sexxylypps Silver

I actually drink Vodka....I purchased the wine for the 3000 points that I will be receiving from Marriott.  I do love AMEX offers....I am signed up for one offer now that allows me a $10 credit for 3 consecutive months for paying my Cell Phone with AMEX.....I love AMEX

jm1991, not too sure about the wine.  I liked to order from Wine.com until them stopped allowing Hawaii residents the ability to join their subscription shipping service.  They have a HUGE variety ranging from cheap to very expensive. 

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Im not a huge wine drinker, mostly vodka as well. I wanted to take advantage of the offer and save them up for thanks giving but my uncle from napa brings several bottles from the winery he works at. :/ 

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I Order everything through the rewards mall. 

FIrst, can t beat home delivery. 

I Have bursitis and order my dog food from Pet Food Direct and get it quickly.

i order from Walmart, Drugstore and even send all my greeting cards to get points.  The greeting cards are beautiful.

i Highly recommend you try the mall.  I stop here first for everything.

maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

I just use my Marriott Rewards card for everything.  I have the one with the chip in it and earn so many points on a daily basis.

I get everyone to let me put their dinner bills on my card and get great points for eating out.  All adds up.

I even order from Walmart on line.  Easy home delivery. 

Everything.

I wish I knew about the rewards mall a long time ago.  Marriott should do a better job of sending out reminders in the newsletter so people will remember the benefits.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...