8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2014 12:20 PM by anadyr RSS

Lunch on Monterey Bay

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

DSCN0048.JPG

Today I had lunch with a friend at Schooners Restaurant on Monterey Bay, here in (guess where) Monterey CA.  Near Doc Rickett's Lab and in Cannery Row at the site of the former Aneas Sardine Cannery, this is part of the Monterey Plaza Hotel's complex.

There was a slight sea fog in the air (human eyes are better at  seeing than my Nikon's, so a lot of layer photo-shopping was done just now to get the same effect).

In the distance you can see the other cannery buildings, some of which have been re-purposed, others are vacant.  Sunny enough for SPF15 or 30, and about 68 degrees, just another perfect day in Monterey!

Or as our Nobel laureate said:

"Cannery Row in Monterey in California is a poem, a stink, a grating noise, a quality of light, a tone, a habit, a nostalgia, a dream. Cannery Row is the gathered and the scattered, tin and iron and rust and splintered wood, chipped pavement and weedy lots and junk heaps, sardine canneries of corrugated iron, honkytonks, restaurants, and ***** houses, and little crowded groceries, and laboratories and flophouses.... Had the man looked through another peephole he might have said, "Saints and angels and martyrs and holy men," and he would have meant the same thing."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Monterey Marriott
  • Re: Lunch on Monterey Bay
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That is a gorgeous picture and a wonderful spot to eat as well as enjoy a nice beverage.  We had our late lunch their the day we arrived for the AT&T.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

You mean medication I presume, just in case Jerrycoin is listening.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

A little "Grgich" would sure welcome a "Lazy Eye" I have and bring on real medication!  IAHFLYR, should have been in the medical business instead of in the airline business!

Does it count that my Dad was a Doctor?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

As the profound "Seer"  Curly, of The Three Stooges would say, "Sertainly"!

But you must only "Dispense" if you think of Canada!

Jerry I'll "Sertainly" never be a nurse as I do not dispense well, it's all about intake "Baby"!!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I believe that is "Soytinlee" jerrycoin

Much more betta!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...