5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2014 6:01 PM by anadyr RSS

Delta Dawn (Sorry, Helen Reddy)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, at the risk of beating a dead (airline miles frequent flier) horse, I will mention that for some folks, the change in Delta's FF program is resonating well. Of course you need to be one of the enlightened, high paying travelers (I do not know any do you?) who live on planes, fly at the full rate, jet here and there but cannot afford a private jet, or just want to be among a perceived FF elite.  Love that free bag allowance!

So at least for this writer at Forbes, there is a good side to the changes (for some).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
  • Re: Delta Dawn (Sorry, Helen Reddy)
    GABill Platinum

I DON'T know who they have been talking with. I am a lifetime Gold Elite Delta flyer with well over two million miles, and I see the new program as a move that is divorcing Delta from all of the people that have supported them in the past.

The program seems to be trying to target the expense-account traveler over everybody else. While this makes sense from a profit stand point, The truth about most corporate travel is that the travel agent typically makes the decision as to which airline to utilize. Granted there is an override capability, but if exercised too many times, the person finds himself answering to the accounting office as to why.

I think that this program will be counter-productive and will be phased out after one or two years. However, Delta will be hurt again by the executives that do not truly know the airline business. Of course, this has been true for the last twenty years, and I include almost all of the other airlines as well.

As a FF, FC, 2MM, GM, and delta family member, I wish it were otherwise.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Having not flown Delta in many many years I really can't offer an opinion.  But changes sedom benefit the traveler, unless that person is an uber-high-paying one.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

that's what they are looking for.I remember a few years ago I was on a federal advisory board and was never allowed to book a non refundable ticket so tickets were extremely expensive. This change would benefit flyers whose organization book full fare coach. Interesting how they have valued credit cards over flyers

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I also had to book fully refundable tickets working for the Uncle Sam and they were a handsome fee in most cases.  I did manage to screw up once and took my automatic upgrade to First Class before printing in receipt for the travel clowns so when it showed up as a First Class ticket all the bells went off.  When I told them I got the upgrade for free due to my FF status they refused to believe it and all hell broke loose for about a week until the airline agreed to call them and explain the upgrade system. 

But all that nonsense is over now and like DL others will and have followed, so government travelers should make out quite well if they are still required to book a full fare ticket.

Been in that situation too when I was a fed.  Even tried to use FF miles for free official trip and was berated and then turned down. Nuclear war time

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...