8 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2014 9:29 AM by anadyr RSS

New Statue on Monterey's Cannery Row

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

cannery row.jpgJohn Steinbeck sits atop this new statue on Cannery Row, chatting with Ed "Doc" Ricketts, his longtime pal.  Four other men, all of whom rescued the historic waterfront attraction when the canneries closed sit alongside them.

It is just down the street from the Sardine Factory, one of our many dispensing "Pharmacies."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cannery Row, Monterey, California, USA
  • Re: New Statue on Monterey's Cannery Row
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Thanks for this post!  That is a beautiful statue!

You have given me a wonderful idea, as we approach, St. Patrick's Day!

While the most interesting and informative, bejacob hits all of the counties in America, just maybe:

We along with erc, IAHFLYR, nuhusker, and a few others could visit all the "Irish Pharmacies" in the US!

We would start in WDC, at that famous "Irish Pharmacy" next to the train station!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

jerrycoin,

Great idea, but we might forget what our mission exactly is after the fourth or "FIFTH" pharmacy visited!!!!

IAHFLYR,

That's the whole idea!

Trouble is if/when we "Stumbled" across bejacob, we might not know who he is!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I like it!

One of the pleasures of trying to visit almost everywhere in the country is finding such places along the way, whether they are Irish or not. I remember Keegan's Irish pu... uh, 'pharmacy' in Richmond, VA, at least I think I do.

Two great stops (where I remembered to take photographs before I went in) were large "pharmaceutical" manufacturers, one in Tennessee, the other in Kentucky (my friends Jack and Jim).

Jack.jpg Jim.jpg

Naturally, I couldn't leave without bringing home some "medicine" per doctor's orders.

bejacob,

Good point and great pictures!

Now you are going to "Provoke" me to soon have to post a few pictures of other "Dispensaries"!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Another place for a corking good time!

corked.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...