0 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2014 11:00 AM by anadyr RSS

You can call me Jay

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

And I will, of course.

Comedian Bill Saluga had a bit on TV variety shows in the late 70s, you’ll remember it. A zoot-suited character named Raymond J. Johnson Jr. would appear. If you called him “Johnson,” he launched into a tirade: "You can call me Ray, you can call me Jay," etc.

This Scrub Jay, Aphelocoma californica, which sounds like the name of an incurable disease, owns our back yard and trees, and ensures that I provide s steady stream of peanuts in the shell, unsalted of course, that he/she then flies off with to bury in places that will forever not remembered until I mow the lawn or rake some of the millions of pine needles that litter the yard on a daily basis. Since we have virtually no seasons that is a year round task,.

DSCN0052.JPGToday, for some reason, he/she posed for this portrait.  What glorious colors for a nice little bird, one who owns us. Notice the white eyebrow and the gray cape.

Smartest of birds the Jays are much easier to have as a pet than cats or dogs.

They fearlessly enter the garage when the door is open, their little hop announcing their presence.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...