12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2014 10:41 PM by todd.nilson RSS

Compatibility of site with tablets, both android and ipads

madmax Gold 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

NathalieF

Could you give us an update please on the progress (or lack thereof if there is no work order out at this time) of making the site more compatible with our tablet devices? Since I got my ipad air, it has never been compatible with the MR site but now I am even having issues with my Samsung android device. When I log in and try to go into my inbox, I only get the discussion topic with x number of comments but the comments do not show up. I have tried going through activity, home page and every other way I could think of to get to the discussion to reply but I get no comments showing up. Also, I cannot log out. The site has to stay open on my device and I am not real comfortable with that. Normally I would think it is something I am doing since I am very technically challenged and don't claim to be anything but that. However, since I have two completely different devices, and we have had some others who have voiced issues, I am wondering if these are the same problems others are having and if there is a solution in the horizon.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Compatibility of site with tablets, both android and ipads
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Morning madmax - mobile compatibility will be coming this year for the community. I don't yet have an ETA but we will absolutely keep the community informed of our progress. That's been a request for the last several years, even before the explosive growth in mobile and tablet usage. They say that across the internet, 50% of traffic will come from mobile devices in the next year or so - AMAZING how quickly and how much things have changed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

communitymanager,

Will this mobile compatibility include smart phones?

Thanks.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

thanks for the update. Just curious but are these issues the same as others have experienced? I have no issue with my smartphone (android of course) but the fact that it is so tiny, but I fall back on it when I am not around my PC since neither tablets work sufficiently.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I can access my Insider page via Ipad OK, can open "Inbox", but have difficulty opening individual "Inbox" responses, or making replies.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

thanks fschumpert that is exactly what I am experiencing. Can you reply to posts or will it show you all the comments? I can pull up a post but then there are no comments under it so I can't reply to any, only to the original post.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

When you open "Inbox", click on the time ("1 minute ago", for instance) and you should be able to reply. Don't click on the question, comment, or the person.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I've clicked on time, comment, person, question, anything that I could click on and it just will not work for me. I have tried going through the home page, my inbox, the activity page, all to no avail.

todd.nilson Silver 2 Reviews

Hi madmax. I work with Jive platform that this community is based on for a living. Not sure if Marriott has it enabled, but there is a Jive mobile app that can be used to access Jive-based communities. Maybe the admin can comment on whether it is configured. The Jive mobile app is pretty good and gives you full access to the inbox and other features within the community.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

thanks todd.nilson. I will see what our helpers jmart, ansaa or The specified item was not found. might have to say regarding the Jive mobile app compatibility. That would be welcome for sure since I still have issues at times. Thanks for the information. That could be very good news.

To be clear, the Marriott community is based on a technology platform called Jive. I was making reference to an out-of-the-box mobile application created by Jive Software that can pull in community news. It's not a Marriott branded app and is completely dependent upon whether Marriott has purchased the mobile module as part of its deal with Jive.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Thanks for that clarification todd.nilson. I am sure The specified item was not found. will relay that information to the powers that be. Hopefully we can get good response from all tablets and phones whether I or droid very soon to eliminate the frustrations and to accommodate the growing number of users on these devices verses actual cpus.

Hi The specified item was not found. - the Marriott Rewards insiders site is itself built on a software platform called Jive. Jive software has a mobile application that companies like Marriott could use to allow its customers to access this site via an iPhone or Android device. All Marriott needs to do is contact their Jive rep for more information. I have not tried to use this site via a tablet browser, but it is possible to configure Jive so that it behaves well in that smaller window space.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...