2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2014 5:08 AM by brightlybob RSS

Hi whats the true difference in being gold our silver member

ebraverman Silver
Currently Being Moderated

hi I have change from gold to silver whats the true change of it

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hi whats the true difference in being gold our silver member
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

There's one other difference, although some may not see it as a benefit: We silver elites have less to despair regarding eroding MR perks.   It's all good, and MRI comprises a great community. Welcome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hi whats the true difference in being gold our silver member
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I'd say Gold is where the meat is and is totally worth it...

Sliver is really a bit of a giveaway level, Marriott gives it away for carrying the credit card. Apart from plenty of verbiage the only real benefit of Silver are the 20% extra points... not shabby mind you!

However Gold brings with it real benefits in particular those sought after room upgrades, lounge access and free breakfast.  The room type guarantee and free worldwide wifi completes a really strong package. I vacillate every year  between Plat and Gold, without much thought but I make absolutely sure I don't lose Gold!

In my view there are only 2 downsides to the Gold package. Firstly, the extra points are really weak, only a half point extra per $ over silver. Finally, the benefits mean little outside the FS brands, especially Courtyards so it's just as well almost all UK hotels are FS!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...