7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 12:16 AM by anadyr RSS

Mike Makes the Top 100 list

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Two men born in a small Croatian town have their works selected in the prestigious book "101 thing that has made ​​America what it is" ( History of America in 101 objects or " 101 object that made America " ) .

These are brilliant inventor Nikola Tesla and the legendary American- Croatian winemaker Miljenko (Mike) Grgich.  Congratulations to Mike, who makes one of the best Chardonnay's anywhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mike Makes the Top 100 list
    Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

What Tesla accomplished is mind-blowing (my trip to Niagara Falls this past summer taught me a lot).  I must look into Mr. Grgich's wine -- thank you for the tip, anadyr!  -Sledchick

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I was lucky enough to meet Mike Grgich in the 70's!  Wish I had a picture, but don't!  He was a wonderful "Working Class" guy and was very friendly.

Vineyard trips were so much fun then, and probably still are, but I don't do them to much anymore.  One of my favorites was Chateau Montelena!

We met Mike in the late 1980s shortly after moving here, at a WINO dinner in Pebble Beach.  He is a real hugger--never shook hands with any of the women but gave them all affectionate hugs.

anadyr,

Thanks for sharing!

He certainly was not a "Flashy" guy or "Hollywood bound", but just struck me as a "Real person"!

Your take?

Amazing man, smallish but pluckish.

anadyr,

He reminded me of "Harry Houdini"  Am I wrong?

yes he had that look and feel

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...