4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2014 2:35 PM by jerryl RSS

Expiring Free Night Certificate

elm Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Very disappointed in treatment of a Gold Member. Requested extension of expiring free night certificate and was denied. With all this snow in the North East, I have been unable to use it. Was told Use it or Lose it. Looking to move my business to another brand who values their elite members better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Expiring Free Night Certificate
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

Hi elm and thank you for posting. Did you call the Gold elite number? I would try again and get another representative. Write down the name of who you talked to and explain your situation. Ask again and if this does not work, hang up and try one more time. I know this is not the thing you wanted to hear, but I have done this with success and found many times on this site where people have also done this and finally gotten the results they wanted. It is worth it so you don't lose a free night that has been given to you. I hope this helps and I'm sorry for your frustration. I hope your next post will be telling us of your extension.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jack613 Silver

i actually just recently called 2 weeks ago to extend a free night cert that i cannot use right now due to my wife being a teacher(very hard to get away during the school year) and us having 2 little ones that the only time we can find family to watch them is after school is out in the summer.  i was told it can be extended up to six months anytime i call in before the expiration date.    with the brutally cold weather they should understand and extend it for you(especially one with gold elite)

ssever Gold

I tried to do the same thing and was told that I should try again 1 month out as calling 2 months or more from expiration is too far out, I guess they feel you can try to use it with the more time you have.  So I'll call a month out from expiration and hopefully will have success. I have in fact had success in the past doing this so I am not giving up!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I have got it extended two different times both on the first call. Don't know if platinum makes it different but would keep trying

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...