4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 6:33 PM by engineergirl RSS

Mobile Check-In App

kk_z1 Gold 13 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I recently got a notification regarding the availability of Mobile Check-In availability at Marriott-SeaTac in Seattle so, I decided to check it out. When I got the notification that check-in is available, I went through the App and got the check-in done. Next day, I went to the property and my key was ready for pick-up. Nothing really complicated so it was all good (no need for credit card validation and the wait etc.).

However, there are a couple of things missing when doing Mobile Check-in:

1. There is no option to request for a "room upgrade" if you are an Elite member: Marriott will never "automatically" upgrade you to one even if it is available (trust me, of all the Marriott properties I have stayed at, the standard answer for a room upgrade is "we do not have any rooms available for upgrades" and this answer is valid 24/7 - 365 days)

2. Inability to mention where the room location is and also concierge timings (it was my first time staying there and you can't expect me to know where the room location is). Would be nice to have the room location available as well so it is easy to navigate if the hotel property could not assist in directing to your room.

I guess things will improve as we move along. Feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions so Marriott can make this Mobile Check-In process more efficient and comprehensive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mobile Check-In App
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I haven't used mobile check-in yet because regular check-in does not take too long and I want to experience the front desk to get a sense of the hotel's service (especially if I may stay at that property again).

I think if you are arriving at a hotel late, it is probably a better option to get a good room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jack613 Silver

i wholeheartedly agree with you. love to see and get a feel of the hotel's service when checking in at the front desk.

FredSHomeNet Platinum 10 Reviews

Good suggestions. Also, unless I overlooked something, I noticed that the user cannot use points and certificates on the mobile app.

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

I agree completely that I wish to check in at the front desk and with the elite lines, the wait is typically negligible, plus I can ask the questions I need to about the property, request upgrades and just generally get a feel for the property.  I can see it for some, but it's not for me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...