8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2014 11:13 AM by iahflyr RSS

Florida Locations

canders1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm checking into driving from Orlando, FL to Dallas. When I go into Florida locations no northern Florida or panhandle locations appear. Shouldn't this site show your locations in Tallahassee, Ft. Walton Beach, etc?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Florida Locations
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

The specified item was not found., ansaa? what say ye? Can you answer this question for canders1?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

canders1,

Welcome to MRI.  From the main Marriott website click on the menu bar in the far top left corner (it has the three little bars).  From there navigate to "Find and Reserve" then "Browse by Destination".  You can then choose "Florida" as your destination.  On the second page of results I see the Courtyard Sandestin in Destin, FL.

Hope this helps.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

canders1,

Yes welcome to Insiders.  To add to what jakeal mentioned you can also go to the top of the page and click on the "find and reserve" button and type in the city you are looking for a property to narrow your search down.  For times when you are looking for a property near an airport you are also able to type in the airport three letter ID such as DFW.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You've re-addressed a very good point.  Used to be able to find Marriott properties "along a route" but feature disappeared with one of the past revisions to Insiders site.  Now, I just simply pull out my atlas and look at where I expect to travel to or RON and look for Marriotts there.  For instance, there's a great FFI in Fort Walton Beach, FL (might actually be in Shalimar) and a CY and RI in Destin.  There's a FFI in Tallahassee, and a SHS, CY, and RI in Pensacola.  Mobile has several properties and so on.  Good luck on your trip.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

nuhusker,

I do miss the "along a route" search option.  I now find myself using the "Browse by Destination" option I mention above and using the "Map" feature.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I drive a Toyota and subscribed to Toyota Entune - http://www.entune.com - With this app on my mobile phone, I can access Bing, Fuel Guides, Movie Tickets, Open Table, Pandora, Traffic, Weather, etc. Along with auto GPS, this is helpful in navigation along any route in US.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

good info fs thanks for sharing

I forwarded this post when it first hit the board because I wanted powers to be to recall how we fussed about the change for locating hotels when it first changed. The "along a route" option was most useful and well used and I am not sure why it was taken away, but life goes on and we cope with the changes

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Bring it back I say!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...