0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2014 6:50 PM by profchiara RSS

Carbon monoxide warnings

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As many of you may have heard, a hotel in Maine (not a Marriott) and a Legal Seafoods Restaurant in NY both suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.  My apartment complex replaced all our smoke detectors with combo smoke/carbon dioxide detectors this year).  I asked the maintenance man if carbon dioxide poisoning could occur if windows are kept open and he said no. So I am safe (I have to keep my apt. heating level to a certain norm so the pipes don't freeze but hate a hot apartment -- I want cold for sleeping.

 

But the subject occurred to me regarding hotels (and in today's case restaurants).  If windows cannot be opened (usually not in US hotels; often so in European ones), this is a potentially serious issue.  Even in Venice in December and January I had all my 4 windows open at least slightly and my heat turned off (actually it's automatic if you open the windows).

 

But for all of you out there, check that you have a CO2 detector and/or keep some windows open.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...