20 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2014 11:21 AM by zukracer RSS

London, "Surprise" with Zukracer!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

You won't believe this one!

(If you have similar experiences of "Surprises" please let us all know)

Waiting to check into my room at London County Hall, I decided to take "Lady Coin" and myself to the CL.  There I could "Catch up on MRI activity because I was having "24 hour withdrawels" because of the lengthy flights.  As I sit there and started using the computer in the CL and friendly guy comes up and asks "Can I read the newspaper" that was next to me on the computer desk.  I said "Yes" of course, and thought, "That is a nice thing for that gentleman to ask, as I had no interest in that paper"!  Well a few minutes later he comes up to me again and asks, "Are you on the Marriott Web-site"!  I did not at first know how to answer, as there were only three of us in this CL at 3 PM, and I did not know who this guy was.  I then politely introduced myself and said "Yes", why do you want to know.  He then stated he was,

ZUKRACER

We both laughed a little and sat down and visited and had a wonderful conversation about the great qualities of MRI!  I must say, every MRI person I have met has been truly "Interesting"!  Zukracer is a "Seasoned traveler, with a great sense of humor, and real family man"!

We then met up later at the CL and had some real laughs over some comped liquids, "For Medicinal Purpose Only"!  Had more laughs and hoped we could again meet up somewhere and have a few more laughs and conversation.

What a "Surprise" to start out my stay on such a "High Note"!

IMG_3776.JPG

Not many places you can sit and relax with a "New Found Friend" like I did with Zukracer at London County Hall.  A good time was had by all, and the staff was again "Superb" to us!

Thanks to all for a wonderful experience!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: London, "Surprise" with Zukracer!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry you win the get-together award for MRIs, as always.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

anadyr,

Thanks!

It really "Adds" to a trip to have MRI to visit with in person!  Nice people!

Someday, "Our paths will cross"!  The Sardine Factory would be a good place, "Someday"!

Agreed Jerry, let's flip as coin (pun intended) to see who pays!!!

anadyr,

BTW, I must warn you, I have coins where the two sides are the "Same"!

I was rooting for a landing on the edge (of the coin) which always ends in my favor Jerry.  To coin a phrase, je says flippantly.

anadyr,

If I make it back, I will be more than glad to buy!  Especially, in the Winter.  We would give enough "Lead time", so other MRI could make the "Get together" as well!

Yes let's do that.  I might be here (Monterey) unless I am not!!!!

IMG_3778.JPG

BTW, anadyr. what a wonderful way to start "Day 2", with this view from room 252 at 7:10 AM!  Nothing but "Blue Skies", (from now on?). 

London is "Awakening", and I have already had a wonderful, full, (CL comped) breakfast at the Library Room here, and it was wonderful!  Off to a great start for this travel week!

erc Platinum

1) That's a great story

2) Thanks to both of you guys for your many terrific insights (especially at the city of your meeting)

3) I say by proclamation, we suggest that anadyr  comes to the Nation's Capital,  turn his virtual lunches with NathalieF into actual lunches and say hello to Insiders (hey, how about at nuhusker's surprise party for American Veterans)

4) I've no doubt bumped into vaboywnder, IAHFLYR and painedplatinum at Marriott's, but everytime I write "see you later" they respond "not if I see you first" (and they implement that strategy ).

Keep on keepin' on Insiders, you never know who you'll meet ! Excellent post, a tip of the cap to jerrycoin and zukracer

erc,

I second your recommendations on anadyr and nuhusker!

Will have some new photo's that may be of interest from CH soon!  Staff is usual "Top Shelf" and the weather is beautiful today!

erc, keep those "Cards, letters, and posts coming"!

I am having an MRI seance later today, and will of course summon all the spirits of those whom I have virtually met once again.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

erc...haha.... That's a good one. If I ever get the luck of the Irish on my side, I will stroll in the footsteps of the all and powerful erc. To actually rub elbows with the legend is more than I could possibly dream.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

That's a wonderful story, thanks for sharing and keeping the "medication" dosage perfect.  Remaining comfortably numb is always the best way to go!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

FANTASTIC! I'm so happy your paths crossed and you shared the story with us.

CM,

Thanks!

Zukracer and I are going to "Jointly" recommend someone for a "Spirit To Serve Award", later this week.  This person has consistently helped other travelers and us two for years.  I don't think a "Joint" recommendation can be done on the MRI site, so I will make the nomination, add why, and then let him comment as well!

More to come!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Way to go, the pair of you.  Keep up the good work!  "It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it."

ansaa Member

I love this story, jerrycoin (and the picture)! Experiences like this show you how small the world truly is. Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to reading the "joint" recommendation.

ansaa,

Thanks!

We have someone in mind and I will post on Friday.  I just don't like to "Nominate" while I am staying at a hotel.  It could be considered too "Patronizing", but this person has really been a pro at taking care of MRI, as well as all guests!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Sorry it took so long to get back online, been a crazy week.

Jerry it was truly a pleasure to meet you and "Lady Coin"!   It was very nice to finally put a face with the name and was fantastic sharing stories, experiences and adventures with you both.  Thank you for taking the time from your day so that we could connect, it is something I hope we can do when our paths cross again.  Your advice and tips were spot on, dinner was yummy at the place around the corner.  The girls loved the gifts and say thanks! 

Folks if you ever get the chance to meet Jerry do it.  You won't find a nicer, more genuine person who is so willing to share his time, knowledge and insights.  Thank you again Jerry, hope you two had a fantastic week in London and a safe journey home

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...