3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 1:42 PM by NathalieF RSS

Marriott rewards insiders

qwertypro Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What do participation points, badges, etc. account for on this website?  Do users of this website get perks for the more active they are.  I have been staying in Marriotts for years and have never used this site until I had a bad experiance this past week.  Not sure if I have been missing out on something.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott rewards insiders
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

welcome qwertypro to the insiders site. Right now you may see alot of flack from the insiders about the site not working properly, etc. but have no fear. This site is a working tool for you to learn about certain properties, vacation information, local dining, etc. and also get to know alot of great folks. I have gotten some great advise from the best of the best on this site in regards to finalizing vacations, places to see and things to do in certain areas, etc. It is also a great place to get more information about great hotels and best rooms in those hotels. This info you can't get from the hotel website.

The points are just for fun and as you maneuver the site and become more familiar, you will understand more about badges but all is just to help you know who has been on the site for a while and who might be able to give you great advise on places they have already stayed and you might have interest. Bookmarks are one thing I use frequently so that when I read something that might come in handy later, I bookmark the site so it is easy to find later by clicking on the bookmark in my profile. If you like something someone has to say, you can "like" the post and that shows them they have contributed something that is of interest to others. You can "follow" certain people to find out what they have to say on many different issues.

Hopefully, as you continue to come back and read some of the daily posts, you will also glean information that will be useful to you and that in a nutshell is what it is all about. I'm sure others will chime in here soon so you should get even more helpful information as you are welcomed to the site.

Happy travels to you...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks madmax and welcome qwertypro

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

qwertypro,

madmax has provided an excellent "nutshell" encapsulation of the benefits that can be derived. I'd add there are also groups you can join composed of folks who enjoy similar interests, such as cycling, photography, etc. It is what you make of it. Welcome and enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...