2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 10:31 AM by misterchk RSS

multiple rooms paid but only 1 room per night counts?

b.young Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights (total of 6 room nights paid), but it only counts as 2 nights stay toward my rewards account since I only get credit for the one room I stayed in???  Is this the official marriott rewards policy?  So what is the best thing to do when you need to book multiple rooms for a stay?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: multiple rooms paid but only 1 room per night counts?
    erc Platinum

This has been up on the posting board for a while and may soon be tossed into the bowels of the forum, so I'll throw a reply up there.

Yes, that's the official Marriott Rewards policy of only granting one elite night per night regardless of how many rooms you have, and unlike several other policies where there's often some wiggle room, this one, they don't seem to budge.

Of course make certain your rewards number is in on all three rooms so you at least get the points and use your Marriott card so you get the multiplier impact (along with a night for every $3k spent).

Other things to keep in mind - you don't receive points for more than 3 rooms per night (unless it's a meeting event) and if you book one room with points, you won't even (initially, you may be able to talk you way into it, depending on what rep you get) receive an elite night credit since Marriott (understandably so) views that as the room you are in and awards nights don't count as nights.

Welcome to Insiders, stick with us and share your travel idea - thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: multiple rooms paid but only 1 room per night counts?
      Platinum 28 Reviews

Policy is inconsistent when booking a function (including rooms).

How they can ignore accompanying family members (on your account) doesn't make too much sense.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...