4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2014 11:49 PM by jamesbond007 RSS

Redeeming Certificates for a Higher Category Hotel or for Points

papanwa Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can I use a Category 5 certificate and some points to upgrade to a higher category hotel or can I trade in my Category 5 certificate for points and then use the points to book my stay? I have four Category 5 certificates and would like to use them to stay in Manhattan, NY, but there are no Category 5 hotels in Manhattan. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Goa, India
  • Re: Redeeming Certificates for a Higher Category Hotel or for Points
    erc Platinum

The current answer is No. This has been discussed several times (see the More Like This column over to the right in Orange if you're interested) and has been shared with "the team" by Marriott moderators and so far, no go, but it is an Insider favorite hope.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

papanwa Gold

Thank you erc. I just signed up for this site, and have so quickly exhibited my inexperience. I did notice the "More Like This" column and have been reading the posts.

Thank you again for your quick and kind response.

erc Platinum

Welcome aboard, it's great to have new participants, this forum is an invaluable tool for optimizing everyone's travels.

By the way, my "the team"   reference above is in regards to The Marriott management team. We frequently make requests, suggestions, and express hopes and often the response is the only one available to the moderators (who do an excellent job overall keeping the flow of info moving) and that is "thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate your input, and we'll be sure to pass it along to The Team"); which of course, you have now observed reading through the posts. Best wishes for a nice trip to the big apple.

jamesbond007 Gold

This is a very good question ...and i feel this needs to be addressed as many city and places dont have cat 5 hotels .it would be great if the cat of these hotels is increased to at least 7 so more certificates can be redeemed ..and if you could quantify  like points and upgrade .another option like certificate plus cash or points

Location Brand Hotel
      Goa, India

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...