17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2014 9:01 AM by iahflyr RSS

"Guest" created reviews?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In looking over the activity for the last 24 hours on this site I see a plethora of "guest created" hotel reviews, something I never noted before,  Anyone else see these in the past?  Is it part of the new Marriott Rewards Insiders,since in the past to post you needed to be registered. Is that still the case?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "Guest" created reviews?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Anadyr

Let me be the first to recognize that you have officially "hit the wall".  I have no idea what the "guest reviews" are, where they are found, or how they differ from non-guest reviews.  Also, I cannot imagine why it would matter to anyone…..  I'm sure I must be missing something very important, so please set me straight on this. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

R.I.P Ron Palillo

Ooh, ooh, I know this one. Down below the listing of posts on the front page are the hotel reviews. As supersleuth anadyr observed, more and more of them have been posted by Guest. Is this one person using the name Guest? Is it non-rewards members being allowed to review hotels?  Do we care?   That's between you and your pal to decide if anadyr has

erc television reference #367

I guess the guest issue is not that big a deal unless your name is guest

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

What you're seeing are reviews written by other members who do not have an Insiders profile

guest-reviews.jpg

Platinum 28 Reviews

I'm the "insider (?)" with the lowest IQ - I make up for it by trying harder and being obnoxious AND I  STILL DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THIS "GUEST" QUESTION IS ALL ABOUT!!

Guest is the name associated with hotel reviews but it is not blue (hyperlinked) so it is a pseudonym or nom de guerre or de plume or alias.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

anadyr, I'm linking your sample review here instead of a new thread:

Very Nice Resort on STT in USVI

Thanks Andy, can you shed any light on these kinds of reviews for us--are they available to guests at a hotel?  Is there a review Kiosk in the lobby of the hotel?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hey misterchk, I'm still around here so you don't have the lowest of anything, that's reserved for ME!

erc, please keep pushing the nuhusker button, maybe during your next virtual lunch (what ever that means) you can convice NathalieF that is the ONLY direction this surprise party should go.

Sign me up for the bivouac, I think I still have some MRE's from my days at Ft. Bragg and plenty of UA miles to burn to make the trip!

But do you have enough Tabasco?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You know I do!

erc Platinum

Good to see you up, bright eyed and bushy tailed. When Arne discusses Marriott's stellar year this morning on CNBC, he'll no doubt mention future growth, effective growth in revpar, strong group bookings in the District and perhaps even how the DC suburbs were hit by sequestration and govt. shutdown and remain soft (which is great news for us locals - hey Insiders, you can still book the Mayflower during the Christmas holidays at AAA $113/$99 pre-pay including New Year's Eve, come on down).

Here's the idea; knowing how you guys are working on that surprise party contest, let's go with nuhusker's idea for honoring the veterans/active service personnel returning home. Great rooms are available at Marriott Westfields or Marriott Dulles Suites (for a Dulles arrival) or Bethesda Marriott Suites or North Bethesda Conference (for a BWI arrival along with a trip to HQ) with enough advance notice for jerrycoin's idea of having MRIs attending in a show of support. Thank you for your consideration.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Great post, but if the "Party" has to be withing "50 miles" of the nominating MRI, that is going to make WDC difficult!

erc Platinum

nuhusker can bivouac with me !  I didn't read the rules (what's new?!) but if that's the case, Marriott and the powers that be could choose vets that live in the DC area. I'm sure Andy will figure something out, afterall he's smart enough to know how to train race car drivers .

Amen and let's hope he can.

erc Platinum

Your intuitive skills remain sharp. The guest reviews are now rolling in, so whereas the reviewers are Rewards members, they are not necessarily Insider participants. You may be onto something about the changing impact and Marriott's view toward Insiders. Like your regional neighbor, Andy Grove, often says, "only the paranoid survive".

A tip of the hat, my super sleuth pal.

Andy and I often have virtual lunch together.  And there are some names (not that show up in my vast NSA-inspired database associated with some of them. Might they be associates, who can say? I also note that recent ones have margins that suggest a cut and paste from a word processing program that is incompatible with the one used for Insiders.  I suspect fould play, alien interference, or none of the above.  PS, Oracle's CEO Mister Ellison says hello too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...