19 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2014 8:05 PM by ssindc RSS

Cardiff Marriott Executive Lounge

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking of going to this hotel.  As usual the website gives few details for the Executive Lounge.  Can anyone tell me please?

Does it do breakfast?

Does it do evening food?

It makes a difference to me as to whether I pay for a room with ex lounge access or not.

Thanks everybody.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cardiff, Wales
  • Re: Cardiff Marriott Executive Lounge
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tommo,

Have stayed there and do not think it had an CL! 

Great location and nice property, located next to the train station.

Best way to find out for sure is call "The Hot Line", and have them arrange a "Three Way Call" with the hotel to find out for sure!

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks for that, but it is strange.  The hotel website shows rooms with Executive Lounge access.  But I can't find out the hours, offerings etc in the lounge.  I'll try emailing the hotel I think.

tommo,

Good idea, and let us all know the details.  Cardiff is really an interesting, and historic city.  Lots of great shopping and wonderful places to visit.

Have a great time!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks Jerry, I'll let you know when I find out.

sg1974 Gold

They do have an exec lounge on 8th floor. We stayed there a few weeks ago. Breakfast is not on the weekends. There was food & drinks over the weekend in the evening. I took photo of the hours will attach when I get a chance.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks for that.  I have had a reply which says "The Executive Lounge is open Monday through Saturday, and closed on Sundays.  The lounge is staffed between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday for breakfast.  If you have a room with lounge access included on a Saturday or Sunday morning, then breakfast is included in the hotel's restaurant as the lounge does not provide breakfast on the weekends.  The lounge also provides hors d'oeurves and dessert between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and internet access are also included at all times."

So that sounds like several other ELs I have used in the UK.

sg1974, what did you think of the hotel, and the Executive Lounge please?

sg1974 Gold

The hotel is good. It is centrally located but due to that it is a good idea to request a room on a higher floor.

we stayed on the top floor (10) and we slept fine.

the breakfast in the restaurant was good, I found all on offer at a good standard.

the exec lounge was fine, we had a few drinks there. We weren't around for the evening food though.

parking was 15 per night.

i'd happily stay there again.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Thanks very much sg1974.  I really appreciate that.  I think we will go!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Non-responsive query for jerrycoinor sg1974 or tommo781 or others....

I'm going to be in Cardiff next month - first time - I'll have a (very) limited amount of time for tourism.  Any particular priorities or suggestions?

ssindc,

The downtown shopping was "Walking distance from the Marriott".  It is one of the finest places to shop in GB.  I also liked the ruins of "Cardiff Castle".

The prices are a lot less than London (Where I am now. wow, this place is expensive). 

Sg, just been there should have more details on the situation there!

Have a wonderful time!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Sorry, I've never been.  That's why I have been asking about the hotel.  Jerrycoin's answer sounds very good, and hopefully sg will help you as well (and me too - thanks guys).

sg1974 Gold

First up would be a visit to Cardiff Castle. It is walking distance from the hotel and able to be seen from the rooms on the higher floors.

http://www.cardiffcastle.com/content.asp?nav=4,57&parent_directory_id=1

i would pay the extra few pounds to go on the premium tour. It was a very informative and interesting 45 minute guided tour. There are some rooms that are only accessible on this tour.

walk around the castle quarter. There were some nice shops and market in this area:

http://cardiffcastlequarter.co.uk/

get a map of the city from the hotel upon check in. It was explained to us that you could take a boat to the from the city to the bay area:

http://www.cardiffboat.com/

unfortunately the weather was pretty ordinary whilst we were there and we didn't get to the bay area.

Also the guide in cardiff castle advised us another nice place to visit was:

Castell Coch

unfortunately it was closed in January.

Another place which is more suitable for better weather:

http://cadw.wales.gov.uk/daysout/caerphilly-castle/?lang=en

there are a few things here I'd happily visit so another trip is possible.

sg,

What is the name of that famous "Fish and Chips" place on the water?  It was very famous and very good.  I think it was the name of a fellow, "Harry ?".  If it is still there, it was very reasonably priced and I walked there from The Marriott, it was a good walk!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I guessed you meant Harry Ramsden's, as they are all over the UK, so I googled it.  It has been turned into a Wetherspoons pub now!

tommo,

Thanks for the information!  Did not know that.  Do not remember seeing any in London, but I wasn't looking either.  The place I have been wanting to go to for years, and still haven't made it:

Sea Shell's at Lisson's Grove.  Saw it on The Travel Channel, and the "Fish & Chips" looked great.  BTW, I hope I got this name right, and now I will look it up on Google!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

sg1974  and jerrycoin 

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

sg1974 Gold

Executive lounge information:

iPhone photos 004.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...