14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2014 7:43 PM by jerryl RSS

looking for the ultimate girls trip

travelwithtwo Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Three great friends, all newly 40 and 2 newly single, looking to celebrate friendship and the evolution of life in a unique way.  Our ideal trip would have a warm climate, potential for adventure, but also opportunity for relaxation.  For some reason, I keep thinking of Arizona and New Mexico, but haven't been to either.  I seem to recall a property that had an amazing pool where wild mustangs ran just beyond?  Sounds lovely...

Also open to any/all other suggestions, especially if you had a particularly special trip to draw from.  We are also Platinum elite, so a property where we could maximize those benefits would be helpful.

Thank you SOOO much for any direction you can give us.  We're looking toward mid summer into fall

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
  • Re: looking for the ultimate girls trip
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

travelwithtwo

welcome to Insiders!  Sounds like a good time is in order.  I love both, Santa fe, New Mexico, and the Phoenix area.  Without knowing anything about what might interest you, I can give you a little info on both and others will surely chime in.

Santa Fe   -  Great Area for the Arts, views, food, hiking, outdoor activities, and Spa's.  However, very laid back and perhaps not the best place for 'adventure'.  Also, not at all well-represented by Marriott properties.  I have stayed at a residence Inn there as well as the Couryard.  The Courtyard is newer, but the Residence Inn might be the better choice for a group to hang out.  If you choose Santa Fe, and decide these places do not meet your criteria, reach out again and I will offer up a few Non-marriott properties that I really enjoy.

Arizona  -   I would go to the JW Marriott in Phoenix at Camelback.  Several Insiders have stayed there and everyone seems to agree it's a great place.  It's upscale, a great pool, and near enough to the Action young folks would enjoy.

that's all I've got, I'm sure others will add to these comments.  Enjoy your trip, sound like a lot of fun.

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

travelwithtwo,

Sounds like you may want to consider the Paradise Valley Residence Inn, Scottsdale, AZ.!

Great location, reasonable prices, and soo much to do right around you.  Consider:

A day trip to Sedona?

A trip by air to The Grand Canyon?

A short drive to Superstition Mountain and a visit to a Ghost Town, across the street.

Wonderful dining, and wonderful shopping.

This is just an idea.

Once you all decide, let us at MRI help you with details.

Location Brand Hotel
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Arizona seems to be a good fit for what you are looking for, but it will likely be beyond warm that time of year (it will be quite hot).  Great Marriott properties there though. I would also say Santa Barbara would fit the bill though that area is lacking in great Marriott properties.

Or at least "as" great properties.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

So right marriottmemberfromla!

Do not go to The Phoenix/Scottsdale area in Mid-Summer, it can be "Super Hot"!  This is a place for Fall, Winter and Spring.

If it's Mid-Summer, maybe consider The Mountains, how about Park City, Utah?  Lots to do and easy to get to.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Marriott Napa Valley Inn and Spa would be my choice:  we do not do humidity like East of the Rockies but we do warm and inviting, there are spas galore in the valley and of course wine and dine opportunities,

I want to check out that Marriott Napa one of these days.

travelwithtwo Gold

Thank you!  I hadn't considered the desert climate in summer

Having been to CA and Napa many times, I think we'd rather try something else. Though I do agree gals+wine= FUN!

Do any of you know of a completely unique experience?  I defer to your more experienced travel palettes...

THANK YOU AGAIN!

Be there next weekend for the Marathon and let you know

anadyr

any knowledge on the Renaissance near Sonoma?

not really sorry

no worries.  when I pulled up Marriott properties in Napa it came up and looked pretty nice.  Has anyone else ever been there?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Travelwithtwo,

A couple of thoughts... I know you mentioned you have been to CA many times, but CA is a big state.  Have you seen it all?  The Central Coast (from Pismo to San Simeon) offers up some great fun, from dune buggying to horseback riding, hiking, kayaking, whale watching or taking a bi-plane or ultralight ride along the coastline to wine tasting, shopping and dining and a visit to Hearst Castle.  San Francisco is always fun, and so is Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur.  There is also Yosemite National Park (they offer great lodging there) and Sequoia/Kings Canyon, but admittedly the waterfalls are best seen in the spring and summer over the fall.  When most people think of San Diego, they overlook places like La Jolla Village, Carlsbad-by-the-Sea, or South Coast wine regions including Temecula Valley.  La Costa also offers some great Spas.

Another thought if you haven't already done it is Vancouver, BC and Victoria.  Two really great places with lots to do, from adventure to pampering and all with great scenery.  Lots of places on Puget Sound as well.

Let us know what you decide.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
        jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

since it will be summer rates will be done. In Phoenix would stay at Marriott in Desert ridge I think its the nicest in phoenix

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...