6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 11:46 PM by jerrycoin RSS

London on points - looking for suggestions

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I've got a trip to London leaving Sat night and have Sunday-Monday (one night) to get into the city for fun.  I've done County Hall and it's really a great property BUT there's so many new options with the Autographs and Edition properties, plus the St Pancras Ren.  I haven't had the pleasure of any of those so looking for input.  Points really arent a concern with 1M+ in the kitty so just looking for something new that is worth the effort/points.  If nothing is really worth it, County Hall is available and I know thats worth the 45k points

Thanks in advance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
London, England, United Kingdom Renaissance Hotels St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Canary Warf, London, England
  • Re: London on points - looking for suggestions
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

If you have 1M+ points I'll leave it to the others. But if staying at a Marriott again in London, it would be the West India Quay.  In every way it was the nicest London Marriott experience I've had and I loved the Canary Wharf area.  But it depends on how often you have been to London whether or not that would appeal to you since it's far from the main tourists sites (but in a beautiful location with easy transport).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor and Zukracer,

Agree with you on someplace new!  Either West India Quay (Never Been!), or Ren. St. Pancras.  St. Pancras is so nice, and for a short stay, you have so much great transportation right there.  It is a fascinating place to experience.  Just my take!

Zukracer,  I would also like to extend an invitation to your guests and you.  If you do decide to visit
      The County Hall area on Sunday, Feb. 23rd please "Say hello" in person, if you have time, I would enjoy buying you a "Refreshment".  Will be there all day, swimming, relaxing and dining.  Will probably not even leave the hotel that day, especially after flying previously all night.

Just wanted to extend that invitation, if you are in the area, and would enjoy an "MRI Break"!

Location Brand Hotel
      London, England, United Kingdom Renaissance Hotels St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
      London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
      Canary Warf, London, England

Hi Jerry,

I'm actually on the same program you are I believe.  I am flying in from NYC on AA into LHR at 730a.  I think about the only thing on my agenda for the day would be a little shopping, perhaps Harrods but otherwise a nice relaxing day is my plan as well.  I would certainly enjoy a chance to meet you and take an "MRI Break"   I've booked the County Hall property so I should be there in the morning.   What is the best way for me to get over to County Hall?  I've just taken the tube in the past but perhaps this trip there's a better way.

Looking forward to seeing Sunday!

-Brian

zuk,

The tube is way less expensive than the "Arranged Concierge Pick-up", but I can't do the tube and have The Concierge having a car pick me up from Delta 10 at 12:05 PM.

Will then proceed with their driver in a private car to hotel at taxi rate.  That will cost about $100.  Will relax at hotel thru the whole day and have dinner there or at least close.

We need to meet in the CL when it is good for you.  I have No agenda that day, but you do your thing and then just call my room, (I don't know what it will be).  Hey, if we just have a chance to relax and say hello thats OK!

I don't travel with a cell phone so you will have to just call the room, no problem. 

You have a safe trip, and will look forward to saying "Hello" in person!

Zuk,

Now that I see you are platinum, we all can relax in the CL!

That would be great!

If any other MRI's are available, please let us know and pleas "Come by"!

Hi Profchiara,

I have actually spent several weekends at the West India Quay Marriott and agree its a fantastic property.  Their curve suites are really nice and its a great area and fantastic staff.  Thanks for reminding me of that option

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...