22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 10:59 AM by anadyr RSS

Valentine's Dinner 2014

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We shared a bottle of the 2000 Della Valle Cabernet, (Robert Parker rated 96) then moved on to Kobe Beef burgers om a Brioche Bun, truffle fries and truffle aoli, so what more could you want?  And no need for desert.

Ah yes the pleasures of being well fed!  Hope everyone else was similarly well fed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Valentine's Dinner 2014
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

We had our Valentine's Dinner on Thursday night as my wife left yesterday morning for a wedding in Sarasota.   We had grilled lobster tails, small tenderloin fillets and steamed green beans with mushrooms and turkey bacon. Dessert we haven't had yet so when she gets back tomorrow evening we will enjoy dessert, a bottle of Gloria Ferrer 2005 Royal Cuvee. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Very elegant!

ansaa Member

Sounds like you both had wonderful nights filled with great food and wine. We are glad to hear you had a very happy Valentine's Day anadyr and IAHFLYR. Cheers to you!

Mahalo

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Mrs Shoeman and I had a delicious meal at Good Eats On Monfort.  We enjoyed small portions of the following:

Quail

Rissotto

Charcuterie

beef carpaccio

(one more that I cannot remember)

and topped it off with an apple crsp dessert with Ice cream.

We also had a glass of red wine which I cannot remember either.

The memory loss may be attributed to the wine, old age, or my total focus on my wife not my meal.  Probably all of the above.

shoeman

Sounds like a great time shoeman1000, but you hit the jackpot with your "total focus on my wife" comment!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

My wife and I made dinner at home...we had filet mignon, shrimp, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. An awesome bottle of Field Stone Cabernet from Napa CA. It was delicious.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

went to a restaurant in phoenix and had wild boar ragu  wife had shrimp both were good

ks77,

Very nice selection, did you grill the asparagus?

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

No but we topped off the meal with some strawberries and chocolate fondue!

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Had a wonderful dinner with our two kids at the Tommy Bahama Island Grill in Newport Beach CA, and were treated to some homemade chocolate-covered strawberries by our daughter!  The SoCal strawberries are in-season, and are huge and delicious this year!  Anyone in SoCal should stop by Costco and pick some up!  We also spent the night at the Marriott Laguna Cliffs Resort in Dana Point!  See review for more details!

We had:

Thai Shrimp & Scallops w/Coconut Curry Sauce

Halibut

Steak Salad

Stuffed Chicken

Melon Martini & a Mai Tai!

Platinum 28 Reviews

Very romantic evening:

Hamburgers at Fudruckers followed by a movie!   (both were very satisfying)

misterchk

I love Fudruckers!  what movie did you see?  last night we went to see Lone Survivor.  Very intense.  Very good.

Platinum 28 Reviews

shoeman1000

Monument Men -  had it's flaws, but highly recommend.

Monuments Men is a great story, but sadly not a great movie.

Platinum 28 Reviews

anadyr

Totally agree - when I wrote "had it's flaws" I was attempting to be "polite".  It WAS the story that made it enjoyable.

Additionally, any media that can continually remind  the world of that period of time and the atrocities that occurred is worth the effort.

I am reading a nonfiction book just out called "Priscilla," written by Nicholas Shakespeare, a British writer. Priscilla was his aunt who weathered the war in France, as an English woman, and was affiliated (have to read it to find out how) with the primary man who acquired works of art for Hitler and Goring.  Yes a fantastic story, but a poorly executed movie sadly.

Platinum 28 Reviews

anadyr

I'm a voracious reader - about 2 books a week - everything from pulp to David McCulloch - will definitely make note of Mr. Shakespeare's book as I am very interested in the subject.

Mucho gracias amigo!

De nada--one  of those books that sends you scrambling for the Webster's--to understand the man's vocabulary.

Also the best book I have read about the way in which Frenchmen and

women dealt with the Nazi occupation--a great study in human nature

I figured it was a 'flawed' movie.  thanks for the candid reviews.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...