6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 5:48 PM by pluto77 RSS

Marriott Rive Gauche - Concierge Desk

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

At our recent 2 stays at this hotel, we found the Concierge Desk to be constantly staffed by excellent people.  Two, however, were exceptionally helpful during our 10 days at this hotel.  They were always providing excellent suggestions about where to go, what to see, and (most importantly) where to dine.

Phillipe and Morgan were truly excellent and deserve consideration for the Spirit to Serve Awards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
  • Re: Marriott Rive Gauche - Concierge Desk
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

phctourist,

Thanks for sharing.  That's great to know.  Have never been to that hotel but am going to stop by in May.  Will say hello to Phillipe and Morgan.  Staying at The Ren AdT, so its not a long walk.

Again thanks for sharing.  Hope you nominate them for the Spirit to Serve Awards.  Recently, A Marriott Employee showed me theirs, and was quite proud (And should be) of their award.  It was very nice, especially because I did not realize their actually was a "Physical" award.

Again, thanks for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, phctourist, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

phctourist,

I cannot remember the names of the concierges when we stayed there, but they were very helpful and conscientious towards meeting our needs as well.  It was quite nice, considering that my mom and I were just a couple of nobody tourists, yet they treated us with great kindness and respect in helping us to make the most out of our time in Paris.

Jerry,

It's quite a walk from Ren AdT to Marriott Rive Gauche, about 7 clicks.  A taxi would probably be better.  There are some nice restaurants in the 14th too.  Have you been to the Pantheon?  I figure you probably have, but just thinking out loud.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pluto,

Thank-you for being so "Sharp"!

After I wrote, "I would walk", I thought, "That's not a walk, but a marathon"!  Don't know what I was thinking, but you are so right!

Likewise, I have driven by The Pantheon, but never visited it!  That's a great suggestion!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Another outstanding restaurant in the 14th is Bistrotter.  A bit informal and a hot destination so you might be wise to make a reservation, but the food is fantastic and the prices are not unreasonable.  They do not post a menu on-line because they don't decide what they're offering until the chef goes to market in the morning.  A two course lunch was 30 Euros and a three course lunch was 39 Euros.  Bistrotters – Restaurant, Cave à vins à Paris dans le 14ème – FRANCE – Tél : +33 1 45 45 58 59

We also had a truly spectacular lunch at Le Dome, about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.  It might have been the best meal we had in Paris, but it was very pricey.  177 Euros for lunch for two, including a half bottle of wine.  Probably not quite worth the price unless you really want to splurge.

Not too far away, near St. Germain-des-Pres , was Cafe de Paris.  It was a good value and the food was excellent.  Esgargot were the best I've had in many years, and they had some excellent house wines.  Not quite as good as the two aforementioned places, but about half the cost of Le Dome.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/caf%C3%A9-de-paris-paris-3

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...