9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 3:58 PM by madmax RSS

Problems creating hotel reviews

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Help!  Is anyone having issues creating hotel reviews?  I just completed a stay, and have tried a half a dozen times to create a review, without success!  After filling out all the required blocks. I click "Create Review" and I get a small red exclamation point with no explanation at the top, and all the blocks still filled out with a red "Required" next to each block.  I click on "Create Review" again, with the same result, and so on.  Then, I check, and my review has not been submitted.  Please help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Problems creating hotel reviews
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Good morning iestrikesback and thanks for the explanation of the problem. Could you send me a screenshot to insidershelp@marriott.com so I can investigate further? I have not encountered that before and I see that other reviews are being created. Have you by chance tried a different browser?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks for the quick response!  I just now was able to create my review, but had to use the "search reviews" feature for the hotel I stayed at, and then create a review from there!  Previously I tried 3 different browsers both at my work and home computers with the same result.  I would click "Create Review" from the home page, then after choosing the hotel from there, I would have the problem.  I will try to recreate the initial situation and send you a screen shot...    

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

There must be some intermittent problem with the website.  I was getting exactly the same error type message yesterday when I was trying to respond to someone's topic.  I also tried multiple times on at least two browsers.  I thought maybe there was a problem with the content (which included a "cut and paste" showing an item from my Marriott Rewards account.  I eventually got the response to post by just using text instead of a cut and paste, but that may have been a coincidence if the glitch, whatever it was, just stopped happening.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I had the same issue with a response yesterday and also was using copy/paste, even not using copy/paste I still couldn't respond and kept getting the error message.  Today all is well or so it appears!

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

same thing with me. I was cutting and pasting as well. I never could post so I just gave up and got out. Went back a couple of hours later and posted fine.

Yes, all appears to be well now!  I tried to recreate the issue with a "test review", but no problems anymore!  Must have been a temporary glitch.  What was srange was that I was able to respond to comments, but not create a review.  Thanks everyone for the responses.  Community manager, I don't recall whether it was http or https, but http appears now as I respond.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...