5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 12:31 PM by anadyr RSS

Play Misty for Me?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We're going to the Sardine Factory tonight for Happy Hour, one of the locations used in the 1971 Clint Eastwood movie "Play Misty for Me."

Steve McQueen turned down the lead role, claiming that the female lead was stronger than the male, according to the Independent Movie Data Base. The bar is as it was when the movie was filmed. If I can take a camera I'll post some photos. Jessica Walter will not be there (hopefully).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA
  • Re: Play Misty for Me?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

That is a wonderful place!

Use to go in my "Ft. Ord" Day's!

Did not know about the scene in the movie, "Play Misty for me"!

Have a great time, and I hope someday to make it out there to have "A refreshment" there with you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes, the locales used in the film were everywhere you'd remember, Carmel, Monterey, Pacific Grove, etc.  The opening scene shows Clint in his Jaguar XK150 barreling down CA route one to the tune of "Dirty Boogie," a tune played by Gator Creek (a real 70s arena rock band). It gets better from there.  Watch it on Netfix during the day if you can.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Thanks for the information!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I saw that when we were in MRY for the Pro-Am, looks like quite a nice joint.  Probably good we didn't try to get in, but next time!!!

A venerable place for sure

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...