7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 5:07 PM by anadyr RSS

Wine away

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

TJs.jpg

All this talk of wine got me to open a bottle of (wait for it) Trader Joe's Reserve Syrah, 2011, retailing at $5.99 here in Monterey, higher out of state.

What a wonderful wine at an exceptional price. Worth twice the price and it is from Paso Robles, though the vineyard is not revealed on the label.  Alas, many places do small batch off-label work, and this might have even been at J. Lohr's, one of Paso's biggest makers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Wine away
    ansaa Member

Thanks for sharing this, anadyr! Trader Joe's sometimes is a hidden gem for good, affordable wines. Living in California you definitely access to a much better wine selection there than we do here in the Midwest!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep TJ's is good at this kind of branding in cooperation with the nearby vineyards (Paso Robles is two hours south of us via US 101)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Headed their today for this one!

Thanks!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

me too!

thanks

Take your ID Jerry, they check young-looking folks like you!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Yes, I took my ID!  Thanks for the message.  "You made my Day"!  (Sound Familiar)!

Yep sure does, anad I will tell Clint tonight you've used his trademark line.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...