5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 12:57 PM by ansaa RSS

Points for dining

gracern Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know if we get points for dining at a Marriott hotel or resort if we use our Marriott Rewards credit card?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points for dining
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Yes.  If you eat at a Marriott restaurant (even if you are not staying there) and use your Marriott Rewards credit card, you will get 5 points for every $1 you spend.  Please note at some resorts like The Cosmopolitan, the hotel restaurants are not eligible for this benefit so you will only get 2 points for every $1 you spend.  This is rare though.

If you stay at a hotel and then charge the restaurant bill to your room, you will get 10 points per $1 spend as part of your hotel points earnings PLUS the 5 points for every $1 you spend if you are using your Marriott Rewards credit card on the room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gracern Silver

I recently stayed at Marriott's Phuket Beach Club and no points have been posted to my rewards account even though my family and I had every meal at the resort and all the charges were reflected on my bill. How do I follow up so I can receive my missing points?

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Call the Marriott Reward's Customer Service number on the back of your credit card.  That's your best bet and they will be more than happy to help you.  Good luck.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Good luck.  Per my note, restaurants at resorts are not always eligible.  At The Cosmopolitan for example, restaurants are operated independently of Marriott so you do not get equivalent Marriott points.

A similar issue applies to hotel gift shops. Some elite levels are supposed to get 10% off purchases at gift shops, but several gift shops are not actually Marriott gift shops even though they reside at Marriott. They could be just leasing the space from Marriott.

ansaa Member

Hello gracern,

We spoke to our Rewards team. At the following properties Marriott Rewards members will receive 10 points (base amount) per $1 spent on room rate and all incidentals charges (including on-site dining):

• Marriott Hotels & Resorts
    • JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts
    • Renaissance Hotels & Resorts
    • Marriott Vacation Club
    • Marriott Conference Centers
    • Marriott Grand Residence Club
    • The Autograph Collection

In regards to your inquiry about utilizing your credit card you would need to contact Chase Visa to determine the rules/policies on earnings.

Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...