9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2014 6:04 PM by anadyr RSS

Full up in Beantown and environs, April 2014

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We've got our rooms booked on points at the Marriott Copley for the race this year. April 21st is the date for the 2014 Boston Marathon, a race that out daughter will run and actually finish this time.  It will be the safest and yet the most poignant race that she has ever run.

The Globe says the hotels are already full  for the race.

DSCN0409.JPGHere is a shot from last year as she headed back to Monterey from Logan Airport, her medal awarded a day later.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Full up in Beantown and environs, April 2014
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I think I can safely say that we are all very proud of Kecia.  I am for sure.  I look forward to reading about her latest success at this year's marathon, a world class one in a world class city.

I've been spending some gray matter in consideration of doing the MCM Historic Half in VA next May.  MCM Historic Half  I would likely start with the Carlsbad half marathon before plunging into something on the other side of the country, however.  Carlsbad Marathon & Half Marathon  First, see how that goes...  The Big Sur half marathon also offers a fantastic course.  Big Sur Half Marathon  Looking at past race results, it's clear that all of these races welcome middle aged walkers - just like me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Big Sur is a special place and special race, so come on up

I seriously think I will.  It's the first race (November) of the three I mentioned, and plenty of time to train.  My dad, who probably in his lifetime has had enough race t-shirts that if you laid them out end to end would cover a mile, said to me, "Why do you have to enter a race?  Why don't you just go do it?"  I simply reminded him that he was my age once and that it's fun and special to be a part of something much bigger than yourself.  He just nodded.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I second that Pluto, very proud of her.

Seeing the picture last year on the TV as I walked through the hotel lobby in Cayman is something I will always have etched in my mind, then thinking of anadyr and family there with her running in the event......it was sure nice to hear from him soon after that they were all out of harms way.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Do it pluto!

Did I ever post this photo for you?

It's the Lennon Wall in Prague, taken one month after last year's Boston Marathon tragedy.  I took it with the Anadyr's (and ProfC and Tef) in mind.

IMAG1607.jpg

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Congratulations!  Wonderful picture and it sounds like a Wonderful" triip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...