1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 6:44 PM by ne_traveling_man RSS

Ritz Carlton Marriott Rewards Points

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I Recently stayed at a Ritz Carlton on rewards points. I thought that I was able to earn points for charges made during my stay for food and services, but stay was recognized but no points awarded for the money spent on other items. i was sure I had earned points at a Marriott for a similar situation. Any insight?

thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ritz Carlton Marriott Rewards Points
    tomd68 Gold 7 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Sorry Travelingman but at a Ritz Carlton, it's only for the money spent on the room rate.  You would have had to stay at a JW Marriott, Autograph, MVC, FS Marriott, or a Renaissance hotel to get credit for other money spent.

It's the same for several other hotels in the Marriott stable- room rate only.  You can see which ones get you what points credited at the link below.

I once spent a few weeks at a Ritz Carlton in the middle-east.  When a co-worker asked the concierge if we could get MR points, (which, at the time the answer was no), the gentleman only smugly stated, "Sir, this is the Ritz Carlton" and he left it at that.

Earn Points for Rewards | Get Marriott Points

However, if you have and use a Marriott Rewards credit card, you do get 5 points for dollar spent in any Marriott hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...