6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 10:38 PM by randomname RSS

Reservation, points refused

kriterp Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Why can a Marriott Rewards Member not purchase an available room with points, (when there are plenty of points "banked")? I called the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Nashville this morning and asked to make a reservation.  Went thru all the steps, (there was a room available) but I was not allowed to use my points.  I was told it was a cash only room.  I've never had this happen before and when I asked the lady she was a little rude.  I just told her, I had changed my mind.  Just curious if anyone has had this issue before.  Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reservation, points refused
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews

hi kriterp and welcome to the site. I believe you were told that the room was cash only because they had already allotted all their rewards rooms for that time frame. At least that is what usually happens when someone is told the room is cash only. Maybe @merb or The specified item was not found. can give you a better answer to this but I know just because we have points doesn't always mean the rooms can be reserved with them.

Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kriterp Silver

Thanks for the reply madmax.  I've never had this happen and really don't understand the purpose of being a rewards member if this type of "reward" is what I'm reaping.

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

yes I understand your frustration. I guess Marriott like any other property must generate so much actual dollars per month to pay the bills so rewards are trimmed to a certain block of rooms. I try to look at it from their standpoint, otherwise I would be disappointed and frustrated when booking alot of rooms on rewards. Most of the time anymore I have about a 30/70 ratio of bookings with rewards versus paid reservations. Sorry for your disappointment and hopefully this is not norm for you when trying to use your rewards.

kriterp Silver

Wow!  I've typed 2 other posts and they will not show up.  There is definitely a problem with this site!  I'm going to see how this problem is resolved! From there, I'll decid

kriterp Silver

...I'll decide how I will advertise this brand.  Today, I'll hold my tongue.  I'm going to give Marriott a chance.  I've always been pleased until today.  Guess ill see what will be done in the future.  Very disappointed!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Did you try to make the reservation using the website.  If a room for points was available it would show.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...