5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2014 4:56 PM by nuhusker RSS

Clint saves a life

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Mr Eastwood performed the Heimlich Maneuver on a fellow diner at a AT&T Pro Am Volunteer gala the other night, saving the man's life in the process.

Clint Eastwood was at a party on the eve of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am when he noticed a man choking. The 83-year-old actor grabbed the man, who turned out to be tournament director Steve John, and performed the Heimlich maneuver.

“I was drinking water and eating these little appetizers, threw down a piece of cheese and it just didn’t work,” John told the Associated Press. “I was looking at him and couldn’t breathe. He recognized it immediately and saved my life.”

“I looked in his eyes and saw that look of panic people have when they see their life passing before their eyes,” Eastwood told The Carmel Pine Cone, adding that it was the first time he performed the Heimlich. “It looked bad.”

Eastwood may not be as young as he once was, but don’t think for a second the man who brought Dirty Harry to life has lost a step.

“I can’t believe I’m 202 pounds and he threw me up in the air three times,” John said.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Clint saves a life
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Wonderful Post!

He is an amazing man, and someone that I follow!

Thank-your for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

He made that fellow's day, Jerry

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

made my day too hearing about this. Head 'em up, move 'em out, Rowdy!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Guess he made his life.  Excellent story - and a happy ending. 

Yes not bad for an 80 plus year old guy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...