1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 5, 2014 11:39 AM by Sledchick RSS

Annoyed with other people's hair.....

tcparsons Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As a woman with long, thick hair (and a thyroid condition), I constantly battle runaway hairs in my personal life.  I've been known to hang a handful on the shower wall when conditioning (my husbands biggest pet peeves).  Little bitty balls of my tangled tress mess have been known to scare a child or two after they've pulled their shirt over their head and have looked down to find a "spider hair ball" stuck to the front of them.  And I'm constantly asking co-workers and family members to please help me with hairs that are stuck to my backside.

HOWEVER, when I check into a hotel room and find OTHER people's hairs....I get creeped out!  Now, one or two, here or there, I can understand and even shake my head with a smirk, sympathizing with the owner of those lost locks.  But when I look down at the bathroom floor in the hotel room where I will be living for the week (remote worker) and see hundreds....ok, maybe in reality, 20 or so.....I am DISGUSTED!  This happens in upscale hotels and the lower end hotels.  Do housekeepers not MOP a bathroom floor anymore??  What the heck?  And do I start taking a picture of the issue and bring it to the hotel staffs attention?  I'm thinking of bringing a Swiffer with me when I travel.

Am I the only one??  Thanks for allowing me to vent!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Annoyed with other people's hair.....
    Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

tcparsons, sorry I'm replying to this a month later than you posted it, but I'm playing catch-up today and I see no one responded to you yet!

I, too, get grossed out by hair which I find upon check-in.  I agree, a few stray strands are still icky but I can grab those with a tissue and toss them in the trash.  I try not to think about it too much and mentally move on.  But, if I found more than "a few", I would call the front desk immediately and ask to have someone come up to clean ASAP if I really liked the room (great view, etc.).  If not, then I would ask to change rooms and be polite and specific about what my issue is.  Besides the lack of mopping, they may have skimped on other cleaning as well -- you never know.  There are plenty of posts here on MRI about clean/unclean rooms.There is no excuse for an unclean room, and hotels are well aware of that.  I'm a "give them the benefit of the doubt" kind of person: maybe the housekeeper was new, maybe she/he was dealing with a personal crisis and wasn't completely into their job that day, you get the gist.  But that doesn't mean I have to put up with an unclean room for my stay.  I, too, have long hair and before I check out I make sure to clean my loose strands out of the shower drain just as a courtesy.  Safe travels!  -Sledchick

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...