20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 6:20 PM by iahflyr RSS

Army Uniforms

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

image0.jpg

Old age and a poor memory prevents me from knowing whether I posted this photo from July 1969 on Insiders before. Fresh out of Fort Benning and Fort Holabird, just a 2LT with little Army experience, but in spite of all that, my father decided that I would be the Grand Marshall for the Independence Day parade.

I borrowed my sister's Mustang convertible and drove off to the parade, where I was then seated on the very uncomfortable top of the convertible's tonneau cover for a couple miles down Brownsville Road in the little Boro of Brentwood, a suburb of Pittsburg PA. An inebriated WWII vet, a VFW member drove me around, somewhat erratically, but at only two miles per hour.

We were a working class bunch, and the families all knew someone serving in the military, most of them in Souteast Asia. No protestors, no heckling, a lof of rendered salutes as I passed, all of which I returned.

Wish I were that thin again, and of course, that young too. PS I still have the cap, and the insignia, but not the polyester short sleeved outfit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brentwood, Pennsylvania, USA
  • Re: Army Uniforms
    bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

You're looking good, anadyr.  Great photo!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Used to look great not so much anymore

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

At least we're still verticle!

Amen to that bpelican

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Love the picture and the story.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

And Ft Meade, where you probably also spent some time has closed both golf courses and put new intel buildings there.  Priorities???

Yes, that is too bad.  Fort Ord near here still has both courses with amazing views of the Bay. As for Fort Meade, NSA was a minor player when I was assigned to First Army HQ there, but is now huger than huge and takes up a lot of space.

I hope to play those two former Ft Ord courses one day.  Probably the only thing on the MP that I can afford.

Yes and a retired ID might be worth using. Let me know and I'll try some pull for you.

Here are the rates, a lot lower than Pebble Beach!

Tee Time Rates

Weekday     Weekend
          Morning $100.00 $125.00
          Twilight $60.00 $80.00
          Late Afternoon $40.00 $45.00
          Seniors - Age 60+ $70.00 $90.00
          Juniors - Age 17 & Under $35.00 $35.00
          NCGA (Walking) $59.00 $79.00
          NCGA (Includes Cart) $79.00 $99.00
          Replay Rate (Includes Cart) $65.00 $85.00

Golf Cart Rates

Weekday Weekend
          Morning $25.00 $25.00
          Twilight $20.00 $20.00
          Green Fee rates and times are subject to change without prior notice.

Miscellaneous Fees

Large Bag Small Bag
          Driving Range $10.00 $5.00
          Rental Sets Morning Super Twilight
          (Titleist Clubs & 2 sleeves of balls) $65.00 $40.00

I didn't see a military rate, but the senior rate looks good.  Thanks for the info.  what are names of these courses?

Blackhorse and Bayonet

thanks.

http://www.bayonetblackhorse.com/club/scripts/section/section.asp?GRP=23781&NS=AU is the link for the golf course, and I am checking on military rates. I can get you a deal at Old Del Monte GC, one of the PB courses.

I like deals.

I get deals, just ask my friends and enemies.

All of us old guys should plan a golf outing to the Monterey area and have anadyr work it all out as well as drive us around in the Pebble Beach vans!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I'm in!

On it!

Maserati.jpgIf the weather is good we can take the Maz!  But the clubs will have to go in the van.

Clubs in the van are good, after my game today I should probably take two weeks off and quit!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...