I've been using Marriott Rewards Insiders for a couple years now and can't seem to figure out some of the quirks of the site.
1. When someone responds to one of my posts, and the site emails me to my gmail account, can I reply to that email and will that person receive the response?
2. How do I tag someone in a post? I've seen this all over MRI, but when I try it, typing in an insiders tag, it's just text, and not a hyperlink to them; i.e. kharada46 just shows up like that- no html features.
3. Logging into MRI is a pain. When I get an email updating me on something happening with MRI, I click the link and am then taken to the specific page of the site. If I want to reply, comment, or otherwise engage, I have to click "sign in" which takes me out to the Marriott.com site to log in. Once I've done that, I have to re-navigate to the page I was on, either by finding the post inside the site, or by going back to the email that started my interest. Then I have to click sign in again, which takes me to right back to that page, but now I'm logged in. Is there something I can do to keep me forever logged into MRI?
4. There seem to be a million location tags and not all get me to the one which then prompts me to enter a location, brand, and hotel. I was commenting on a post about Hawaii, tried to find the right tag for Marriott's Kauai Lagoons, but found 1. Kauai, Hawaii USA; 2. Lihue, Kauai, Hawaii, USA; 3. Hawaii, Kauai,; 4. Lihue/Kauai, Hawaii, USA; 5. Hawaii, USA; etc. Is there a certain nomenclature that MRI could set up so that we're all standard and will make location tagging easier?
5. What are the rules for posting of hyperlinks, pictures, or videos here on MRI? In my blog series Viaggi a Roma! I posted a photo I had taken of Michelangelo's David. I received an email from MRI stating that the censors didn't like my post. It didn't say what was wrong, but I assume it was because the picture was taken in the Academy Museum in Florence where they have a rule against such photography. Or was it because the statue is "nude" and there might be a rule against that? There is another statue of David in a plaza near by. Would a photo of that have been okay? What about using one from the internet? Is wikipedia a legal source of photos or is that against some copyright? What about posting of videos or links from youtube, or general hyperlinks to internet pages? As for my post about my trip to Rome, someone who follows me saw it, commented, but then could no longer find the post later. I could find it from my page, but it was no longer listed in the blog list here on MRI. I removed the likely offending photo, replacing it with one from the internet, and now the 4th installment of Viaggi a Roma! is again visible, at least so far.
6. Finding Hotel reviews: Typing in a search term will sometimes then disappear, or if it stays in the search box, clicking "Find Hotels" doesn't do anything sometimes, clearing the search box. For instance, try typing in "Rome." That will bring up an offer of "Rome, Rome, Italy." Clicking search results in a blank search box again. However, if I use just "Rome, Italy," several hotels show up. I believe it has to do with the naming conventions discussed in question 4 above. Do we need to use only a specific way of listing the city, city and state, or city, state, and country? Are some reviews only searchable if one uses the same convention that the reviewer used? Can these be consolidated for easier searching?
Lots of questions here that I've been piling up in the back of my brain, but I'd appreciate some guidance.
I'll help with #2.
To tag an individual, you need the "@" symbol followed by the user name. So, to tag you, I would type "@tomd68" which would then change to the following hyperlink tomd68. Depending on your browser, you might even see a pop-up list of users from which you can select.
Thank-you! I sometimes am amazed by my "Dumbness"! But at least I am "Consistent"!
thanks for your feedback tomd68 and interest in the community. I'm glad californian saw your message because she any many others have expressed very similar experiences. And your timing is great because we're in the midst of some platform and systems improvements aimed at simplifying many of the items you've mentioned. Watch my Community Updates blog in the coming months for details.
In the meantime, feel free to use this link to find reviews for a specific hotel - it's also available in the right column on the The specified item was not found. page.
I hope that all this does get fixed. I can be signed into the site and click on an e-mail and it makes me sign in again. If I go back to search for the post, I can find it and reply without having to sign in again.
Also, I don't think we should have to click to exclude reviews, I think we should get activity without reviews and click if we want to see a hotel review.
I think it should be set up to minimize the number of clicks and give what most want.
I suspect the censorship of the photo was because of the "nudity" involved. I don't know how many times I've seen on TV when they show David or Venus or any other famous piece of art that it gets blurred out. Frankly I don't get it, but there it is.
The only nudity I know of that people should be offended by is if it was me. *that* would be offensive.
Max, I think it might have to do with the privacy setting people may use. I received a comment on my Viaggi a Roma (Part 5) post from @tef6178 into my gmail account. When I replied it had his tag in the email address. Your's however, only listed a generic
NathalieF, it looks like the sign-in issue is resolved! I clicked a link from an email bringing me to MRI. I then clicked "sign-in" which brought me out to Marriott, but once I logged in, in brought me right back to the original post, logged in like I had never left! Thanks for your's and/or Marriott's efforts on this. californian ProfChiara
NathalieF, I thought the signing in problem was rectified, but apparently not. I've been logging in quite a bit recently and each time, I have to re-navigate back to the page I was on. Has Marriott made any improvements that I'm missing?
Any plans to standardize location tags as I discussed in the original post? How about the rules and regulations for posts? You suggested that the other MRIs might be able to help, but these are squarely in Marriott's lane.
Absolutely the same problem with me. After about 20 minutes or so, MRI logs itself out. When I try through Insiders to get back in, I often get a blank page (mostly using Firefox but also others). I have to start again through Marriott's site, sign in, click community, get to insiders, sign in again, and then I am there. These steps seem unwarranted.
I am experiencing problems also. I have been trying to direct email community manager with my Marriott Rewards number because I was awarded points for a response and it does not go through. I keep getting a blank orange bar at the bottom of the page. Don't know what is happening, but I would like to be awarded the points.
Welcome to Insiders, jojozimm!! As you may have already seen, this is a great place to discuss all things Marriott. It is also a wonderful forum to share your travel experiences and recommendations and see what other travelers like yourself have to say. I'm carat, and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us!!
In regards to not being able to send a private message, I've gone ahead and made a small change in your account. Could you do me a favor and try to send the message again? If it doesn't work, I'll work with our team to take a deeper look into the issue. Thanks in advance!