3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 9:18 PM by bejacob RSS

Posting Frequent Flyer Miles from Partnered Airline Flights

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone had issues with booking flights with a partnered airline while using your preferred airline frequent flyer number, only to have the miles flown on the partnered airline not show up on your preferred airline frequent flyer mileage account?  This has happened to me.  When using ff numbers with an airline partner, the airline makes me wait longer to submit a missing mileage request.  Then once I submitted the request, it seemed to have gone into a black hole.  Has anyone had any similar experiences?  If so, please tell us about the resolution process and whether or not it was resolved to your satisfaction.

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Posting Frequent Flyer Miles from Partnered Airline Flights
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've always had good success even when flying partner airlines. My first choice for ff programs is AS, but I they don't fly into CMH, so I usually use DL or AA (both partners). Never had any delays with earned mileage showing up.

I recently joined the MileagePlus (UA) and while I booked my travel through them, the return trip was on Air Canada. Again, no issue with getting the proper credit in a timely fashion.

It would seem with fewer players in the market, difficulties like this should decrease, but it sounds like in your case that has not happened. I hope you can get the situation resolved without jumping through too many more hoops. It's not too much to ask that we earn the credit we are due. That's part of why we join loyalty programs in the first place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Posting Frequent Flyer Miles from Partnered Airline Flights
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I have had luck in most cases of getting missing miles.  A few times, I could not get them no matter hoe ward I tried.  Sometimes, you can call and get them instantly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...