16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 9:13 PM by aje5837 RSS

Residence Inn Ft. Myers Sanibel OR Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa?

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Ft. Myers Beach/Sanibel/Captiva area.  The two hotels we've narrowed our search down to the Residence Inn Ft. Myers Sanibel and the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa.  Any suggestions?  We plan to do traveling around to the islands and also to spend a little time at the pool.  Does anyone know how much it costs to go over to Sanibel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
Sanibel, Florida, USA
  • Re: Residence Inn Ft. Myers Sanibel OR Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa?
    aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Also, what is the difference between the Captive and Sanibel towers at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Ft. Myers Sanibel OR Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort and Spa?
      californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was in Ft Myers last year and stayed at the Fairfield Inn which was a typical FFI.  I wanted to see Sanibel Island and got as far as the Marriott and was in horrible traffic.  I was told that it probably would take at least an hour to get to the island which appeared to be close.  I drove into the Marriott and did a quick look around but probably wouldn't stay there because of the fees and the cost was more than I wanted to pay.  I never did get to the island.

Check out other posts.  I can't seem to be able to copy and paste link.

ansaa Member

Florida sounds like a great place to be right now, aje5837. I doubt you could wrong wherever you choose to stay! Below are a few links to similar discussion that will hopefully help you pick the perfect hotel/location for you and your wife.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/40021#40021

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/82985#82985

Hope these help!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Thanks for the information!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hi aje5837,

Having grown up very close to Sanibel, if you want great beaches you will surely enjoy both Sanibel and Captiva, although Captiva and Upper Captiva can be quite a long drive depending on the time of year you plan to visit.  The toll is $6 to cross the causeway and that's for a round trip.  Bowman's Beach on Sanibel is a wide white sand beach with great shelling opportunities as well as fairly close to the causeway.

As for the Sanibel Harbour, the Sanible Tower is the closest to the water and main building, it is the larger of the two with great views of Sanibel Island and San Carlos Bay.  Make sure to check out the reviews of the property here as well as on tripadvisor before you book your room so you get a good idea of what to expect.  The property does not have a beach, but there are plenty of them near as you know.  Ft, Myers Beach will be about a 20-30 minute drive again depending on the time of year you plan to visit.

Another thought might be Marco Island and the Florida Resorts | Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa. The place is fabulous and has a huge beach if you wanted to just hang around in one spot more than drive around. Marco Island is an easy 45 minute drive from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), so easy access from the airport heading south on I-75. 

Hope some of this helps and if you have more questions please post them as others will chime in I am sure.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Do you know how traffic is during the summer to get over to Sanibel and Captiva island as well as Ft. Myers beach?

aje5837,

Summer traffic is a dream, you'll have no issues as long as no construction or an accident to impede your getting to either Ft. Myers Beach or over the causeway to Sainbel.

In Marco, http://www.cjsonthebay.com/ is great for lunch or dinner, sit outside by the bar.  Not sure of other spots unless you want to go north to Naples and then I know of a few awesome spots.

SW Florida is still relatively unknown so don't tell anyone!

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

I'm so glad to hear that traffic shouldn't be a problem.  I used to go years ago around Easter time and always got stuck in traffic.

I'll look up CJs on the bay.  I'm open to sugesstions so I'll take some of your Naples suggestions.  I'm looking for some nice places to go without breaking the bank!

Oh by all means avoid Easter, the snowbirds are still in town.

Riverwalk Restaurant at Tin City is a nice spot on the Gordon River leading to the Gulf, it has great salads, appetizers and drink prices are not out of control as in some other Naples/Ft. Myers spots.  Easy to find also with ample parking, nice spot to sit along the water and enjoy.

M Waterfront Grille: Naples best restaurant is another good choice although a bit pricier, excellent views of the bay and another good stopping off spot for a salad.  Never eaten dinner just lunch or stopped in for a glass of wine, but the seafood menu looks great.

Probably our favorite place in Old Town Naples is D'Amico's Campiello with it's outdoor seating or grab a spot at the bar.  Their Bruschetta is a small yet wonderful start, then the Sicilian Rice Balls....WOW that will fill ya right up, but save room for the Snapper Piccata, so fresh and not a bad price either. 

westyjo Silver 3 Reviews

My family just stayed at the Residence Inn at Ft. Myers Sanibel this past weekend (check out my review on the hotel).  The hotel and staff were great.  The location is just off the causeway leading to Sanibel Island ($6 toll).  There is a nice grocery store, sports bar, convenience store, etc. located adjacent to the hotel.  We stayed in the 2-bedroom king suite and it was very comfortable.  Hot tub was spectacular after a day at the beach with the kids.  Highly recommend it.

aje5837 Silver 1 Reviews

Thanks for your help!  I haven't been to the Ft. Myers Beach/Sanibel area in years.  We decided to stay at the Residence Inn Sanibel for a couple days and then go to Marco Island.  We can't wait!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...